How often do you rest during a ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Solo rides up to 40 miles I will only stop for a couple of minutes if I put in a hard effort up a hill

Longer rides I will factor in a proper stop at a cafe. One stop on a 4-5 hour ride is fine

The exception to this is if I'm doing a hard, hilly ride in nice weather. I'll drink a litre per hour so need a stop to replenish bottles (I carry 2 x one litre bottles)

Dave7

Legendary Member
On 10-20 milers I stop often (maybe 5 times) for a quick drink.
On, say 35 milers, I will also throw in a 10 minute break with a bar of something.
But I am not chasing times, just out for pleasure.

Domus

Guru
I am having a day out,and i am not going to kill myself just for a few thumbs up on Strava

A man after my own heart.:notworthy:

johnblack

Über Member
I rode my 400k event (Exeter-London) with a friend who hadn't tackled more than 300 before. We took 23hrs 30m to complete, including 2hrs 25m stopped (fish & chips at 170k included). The distances between controls were between about 70k and 100k.

Touring, I might well stop more frequently, not being on a mission as it were.

I did that the other way, well Northampton to Exeter the other week. Great day, not an organised ride, just three of us out for the day.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Thanks, really enjoyed it, went down for the Saints last game of season two weeks ago, a load from Bugbrooke Rugby Club did it over three days, but we decided to bash it out in a day.
Bugbrooke is a fine local club - I have had many a good dice with your boys both as a player and a coach. Its a pity the Saints lads could not pull of a shock result to reward your efforts !

Top Bottom