How often do you see a jogger smiling - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
This point always amuses me. It's common among I'm sure all of us cyclists, to pass a cyclist going t'other way and exchange a smile, wave, greeting. However when it comes to joggers, I've yet to see one smiling or even looking vaguely content.
If jogging is that good for you, why do joggers never appear to be enjoying what they're doing - ! :rofl:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm too busy trying not to look like I'm having a coronary to be able to smile!

simon.r

Person
I’d never thought of it before, but @simongt is right, they do always look as if they’re doing it for reasons other than pleasure.

The only exception I can think of is one local running group that sometimes stops at a chippy I frequent from time to time - they seem happy then!

Venod

Eh up
I used to do a lot of running, I always made a point of smiling and saying hi to people just to freak them out, they expect you to be a miserable git if your running, and for some reason if running you get all sorts of odd stuff shouted at you, I never get this walking, people are strange.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Last summer my son pointed out to me that we’d cycled 26 miles in about the same time as Mo Farrow takes to run a marathon. I wasn’t smiling.

Archeress

Veteran
I've had a jogger overtake and drop me!

It was a long time ago and I was about 3 miles from home after a long long ride.

We did today actually, we were on our way back from the city centre up a cycle path that has a short but sharp climb easing off to a slope. I had my fiance with me and I had to be gentle with him as he doesn't do much cycling and we had already done some big climbs on the way into the city centre. So whilst I was being gentle on with my man on the cycle path a jogger came running past :cycle:

Hugs
Archeress x

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
We did today actually, we were on our way back from the city centre up a cycle path that has a short but sharp climb easing off to a slope. I had my fiance with me and I had to be gentle with him as he doesn't do much cycling and we had already done some big climbs on the way into the city centre. So whilst I was being gentle on with my man on the cycle path a jogger came running past :cycle:

Hugs
Archeress x

An Ironman event in Cromer 4 or 5 year’s ago. One poor fella was so done in after the swim and cycle that the wife and I actually walked passed him on Cromer Prom as he was ‘running’ the marathon!

Top Bottom