How often do you see a jogger smiling - ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by simongt, 24 Mar 2018.

1. Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails We remember

When I used to run I was too knackered to smile. It's hard work.

Cycling is a walk in the park compared to running :wacko:

2. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Recently resumed running after a 5 year break. So liberating.

Shorts, top and trainers. No bike, no lights, no tyres to pump up, no special clothing.

It's a better all round workout than cycling. The bike ride that follows the run of the previous day seems ridiculously easy.

Milzy likes this.
  3. bigjim

bigjim Guru

I found myself a nice four mile woodland run a few months ago that seemed perfect ,as I usually run on pavement, but the off road stuff seemed to suit my dodgy arthritic knee and hip. I've now had to retreat back to the pavement. The reason. Dogs! I've now had enough of being chased, barked at, dogs jumping up at my legs or chest if I am forced to a halt, dogs on super extended leads and of course the inevitable dog muck to be cleaned off my trainers. Even worse recently, as there is a plethora of Xmas pups out there to join the mob. Also the local park is limiting dog walkers to three dogs now, so I imagine the ones turning up with six dogs are using this area instead.

4. Im with you on this.

Its why I took up cycling.

I smile a lot now.

5. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

I'm not surprised runners always look miserable, they know cyclists will get there in a quarter the time for the same effort.

6. Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails We remember

And motorists in a quarter of cyclist's time for no effort.

Why does anyone bother? :rolleyes:

huwsparky and SpokeyDokey like this.
  7. DanZac

DanZac Senior Member

Agreed it's hard but it makes the cycling easier. It doesnt seem to work the other way though and no matter how many bike miles you do it never seems to make the running any easier.

Rusty Nails likes this.
  8. trewlis

trewlis Regular

When I have eye contact with them, some will smile and some will look away.

9. antnee

antnee Senior Member

Jacobs Well Road perhaps But yes I have seen many a jogger enduring a grimace when jogging for supposed fitness Though to be fair I have had one or two bare there teeth and say hi!

10. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

Every time I see this girl running she smiles at me.........or it could be a laugh.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice