How often do you see a jogger smiling - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Recently resumed running after a 5 year break. So liberating.

Shorts, top and trainers. No bike, no lights, no tyres to pump up, no special clothing.

It's a better all round workout than cycling. The bike ride that follows the run of the previous day seems ridiculously easy.

bigjim

Legendary Member
I found myself a nice four mile woodland run a few months ago that seemed perfect ,as I usually run on pavement, but the off road stuff seemed to suit my dodgy arthritic knee and hip. I've now had to retreat back to the pavement. The reason. Dogs! I've now had enough of being chased, barked at, dogs jumping up at my legs or chest if I am forced to a halt, dogs on super extended leads and of course the inevitable dog muck to be cleaned off my trainers. Even worse recently, as there is a plethora of Xmas pups out there to join the mob. Also the local park is limiting dog walkers to three dogs now, so I imagine the ones turning up with six dogs are using this area instead.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm not surprised runners always look miserable, they know cyclists will get there in a quarter the time for the same effort.

We did today actually, we were on our way back from the city centre up a cycle path that has a short but sharp climb easing off to a slope. I had my fiance with me and I had to be gentle with him as he doesn't do much cycling and we had already done some big climbs on the way into the city centre. So whilst I was being gentle on with my man on the cycle path a jogger came running past :cycle:

Hugs
Archeress x
Jacobs Well Road perhaps But yes I have seen many a jogger enduring a grimace when jogging for supposed fitness Though to be fair I have had one or two bare there teeth and say hi!

Top Bottom