How often do you see a jogger smiling - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wixsteman

Veteran
I never smiled when I was a runner.....tbh I’m not much of a smiler now ^_^

thom

____
How many cyclists doing time trials do you see smiling ?

I can't remember the last time I saw a commuting cyclist with a smile on their face.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
How many cyclists doing time trials do you see smiling ?

I was going to make the same observation. Running requires a sustained effort - there's no coasting - so it's more akin to time-trialling than leisure cycling.

I certainly don't smile when I'm parkrunning, nor when I'm time-trialling, and I don't smile when I'm cyclocross racing either - that's a flat-out effort for 50 minutes. All these things give me a real buzz though, and I'm usually smiling afterwards - when my heart rate eventually returns to normal...

Tommy2

Über Member
Although there's no coasting when running if you're not doing tempo or intervals and just doing recovery or LSR then the effort shouldn't cause you to grimace.
If it does then you're going too hard and probably not in the training zone you want, so there should be plenty of times when runners could smile or acknowledge others.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Is this not the effect of years of the lips bouncing up and down during jogging leading to droopy lip syndrome where you can no longer smile?

bigjim

Legendary Member
I don't find running boring, but I don't run long distances. I'd rather run in an urban environement than off road where there is just trees and grass. I find long bike rides boring. Anything over 70 miles and I'm just turning pedals to get home. I find bike riders just as miserable or smiley as runners.

Drago

Legendary Member
As an aside, albeit a topical one, we never see car drivers smiling. In fact, they're more likely to be foaming at the mouth that enjoying themselves, so why do they subject themselves to it?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Joggers rarely smile as it appears to be the law that they have to listen to Coldplay droning on incessantly...

Top Bottom