How often should you pump your tires?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I pump mine when I notice they are soft whilst riding, with allowance for possibly having to notice 3 or 4 times before I actually get round to pumping.
When I was riding 28 mm tyres (26 measured), that would quite often be 50 psi.
No, I didn't get snakebites - I "ride light"b despite being 85 kg.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I like to give mine a good flick, has to be a good G sharp

chill mr/ms anonymous.
just check them every so often.
Ride them.
If they are a bit "low" sometimes, no probs - you may find they ride better.
I do though recommend changing your underwear every day - more if it's a particularly interesting/promising day.

Juliansou

I tend to check mine every week or so. If I’m out in a longish ride I’ll check before hand. I think you do get a feel for a general ballpark by a quick squeeze! I can never really tell how much they’ve gone down as I always seem to get a hiss of air when I attach the pump.

boydj

Legendary Member
I've got latex tubes which need to be checked and usually topped up a little before every ride. Takes a couple of minutes.

YellowV2

Veteran
I would just check them before each ride to make sure they are ok but 110 is awfully high for your weight I think 80-90psi would be plenty for your weight.
If using Tubeless tyres they do tend to lose a few psi over a few days but it's not critical as they are designed to run lower pressures. Typically I run 80/75 ish psi rear/front in 25mm tubeless tyres, I weigh 67kg.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
They might say 110psi but if you want to enjoy your cycling rather than eek out every fraction of a mph, probably best keeping to around 95 or a bit less.

Top Bottom