How old is too old for Lycra 🥴

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How old is too old for lycra?

When it's worn so thin you can see the crack in your ar*e through it

iluvmybike

Über Member
Go for it. We are both 67 and still happy to wear it even though we are not racing shapes! But please don't get the cheapo crinkly fit stuff!!

Sharky

Guru
One thing about wearing lycra and helmets, is that it makes you look young. When I joined my current club and joined the club runs, all the other riders looked really young and fit. I couldn't believe my eyes when I attended the annual prize presentation. The same young and fit riders wearing their Sunday best suits were ancient. They looked about 25 yrs older than when they were on bikes.

They still looked younger than me though!

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
The thing about lycra is that while to the rest of the world, you may look like a balloon filled with melted cheese & tied in the middle - wearing it feels great!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
One thing about wearing lycra and helmets, is that it makes you look young.

Another thing is it makes you look like a "cyclist". A lot of other road users really don't like cyclists at all, whereas they are far less hostile to someone who merely happens to be riding a bike. There's a difference in perception.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Anybody who rides a bike is a cyclist.
1613578012002.png

Casper1978

Regular
I get slagged at work a lot for wearing cycle gear , I have always worn the gear even when everything was wool 😁😁. I am 58 , I like my retro gear and bikes . I am not a racing snake , I like to feel comfortable on the bike , like my white socks and black shorts as that’s what I was used to back in the day . Struggling to get white socks these days😂😂. Wear what you feel comfortable in , also if you look the part in your mind , you will feel the part , keeping you motivated is also important . Hell I love watching my chrome spokes in the sun . You are doing it for yourself at the end of the day . I have larger kits for the start of the season and aim to get my nicer kits on for mid season …,, alot of other friends admire that I am still keen to be out on my bike. Negative comments usually from a minority ! Wear with pride , I say 👍👍

Top Bottom