How the hell did she get an OBE !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I think that once the singing 'career' was over, it might have something to do with marrying a bloke whose profession is to kick an inflated bag of air around a big lawn whilst getting £squillions/week salary for it. This apparently raises you to status of living god, inspiring generations of kids also to become D-list celebs kicking air bags around giant lawns. That's what we need in this country - more air bags being kicked about. Never mind those pesky surgeons, nurses, doctors, engineers, teachers, scientists etc, who make the world go around, kicking air bags about reigns supreme.

U

User482

The envy is strong in this thread.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
The envy is strong in this thread.
Not so much as envy, but despair at the younger generations who look up to these people as role models and want the rich & famous lifestyle. When I was young, I was inspired by Jacques Cousteau, Neil Armstrong etc. Now its all about footy (ie kicking an air bag around a lawn).

Tim Hall

Not so much as envy, but despair at the younger generations who look up to these people as role models and want the rich & famous lifestyle. When I was young, I was inspired by Jacques Cousteau, Neil Armstrong etc. Now its all about footy (ie kicking an air bag around a lawn).
Rather a small sample there though. For every wanna be Jacques Cousteau or Neil Armstrong, how many wanted to be Geoff Hurst or Bobby Moore?

U

User482

Do give over: football has been the national sport for a century. If kids with sufficient drive and talent end up rich and famous, good luck to them.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Stuff like Victoria Beckham receiving an OBE merely makes me care just a little less about the Honours system than I did before; no envy here, just a healthy dollop of indifference.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation

It's all about keeping up with the kardashians.

U

User482

[QUOTE 4673320, member: 45"]I think the blip is with the kids who want to become rich and famous. It makes them redundant to a whole world of worthwhile lifestyles.[/QUOTE]
Undoubtedly there is a cohort who want fame and money for its own sake. I doubt that any of them make the grade as professional footballers.

Stuff like Victoria Beckham receiving an OBE merely makes me care just a little less about the Honours system than I did before;
Where have I heard that before?

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 23.20.47.jpg

Top Bottom