How the hell did she get an OBE !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
It's not what you know, it's who you know

screenman

Legendary Member
Sorry but it was hard enough to understand when David Beckham got an honour but how on the earth has Victoria Beckham been given an obe ................

sorry but i just cant stand either of them so in my mind neither should get one

Remind us, who are you.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4618558, member: 45"]It's a shameful scam. Honours for being a celebrity. There are thousands who do as much as or more than her but aren't fortunate enough to have got lucky in the celebrity lottery (or aren't interested in the shallow culture) so are invisible.[/QUOTE]

It appears Mrs Beckham has done quite a bit for aids and other UN-related charities.

No celebrity can win in this situation, if they publicise their work they are criticised for doing it just for the publicity, and if they don't publicise it, they are criticised for doing nothing.

I doubt many of us knew George Michael was a philanthropist until he died, but it appears he was a significant one having given away millions in various ways.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On about "celebs" can i tell my joke about George Michael and wellington boots on here?

Viking

I don't think anyone should get an honour for doing their job and that includes celebs, sports people (including olympians), civil servants, leaders of industry etc et al. People who volunteer and give their own time whether it be for supporting youth activities, providing support for amateur sports or people like Marcia Shakespeare for her work on gun control, who was given an MBE, should be recognised and supported, IMO.

Top Bottom