How the hell did she get an OBE !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'd rather Farage got a gong than Posh.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4618646, member: 9609"]go on then - blurt it out.
(and it is only rude if your mind has already been corrupted, after all it is what happens if you're in a bog with wellys on)[/QUOTE]
I've been told not to say it.:blush:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4618657, member: 9609"]they can only ban you for the rest of the year - go for it[/QUOTE]
Ok. Don't blame me if you don't find it funny, i heard it down the pub last night.

What do George Michael and wellington boots have in common?

Lonestar

Veteran
Easy.Google search the answer it's on Twitter.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I think Victoria Beckham's gong was for services to cycling, as evidenced here;

ebfdfdd95a8a0a565214be788bbdcc06.jpg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 4618558, member: 45"]It's a shameful scam. Honours for being a celebrity. There are thousands who do as much as or more than her but aren't fortunate enough to have got lucky in the celebrity lottery (or aren't interested in the shallow culture) so are invisible.[/QUOTE]
Are honours for being a sleb any different to honours for being a sportsperson, (just another kind of sleb), any different to honours for being a party donor?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I don't think anyone should get an honour for doing their job and that includes celebs, sports people (including olympians), civil servants, leaders of industry etc et al. People who volunteer and give their own time whether it be for supporting youth activities, providing support for amateur sports or people like Marcia Shakespeare for her work on gun control, who was given an MBE, should be recognised and supported, IMO.
Yeah and soldiers should not get decorated neither. They are just doing their jobs after all.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yeah and soldiers should not get decorated neither. They are just doing their jobs after all.
Military personnel get rewarded internally, with promotions and awards, an equivalent of which might be expected in any other job. Just like this bloke, who, judging by all his decorations, must have single handedly saved us from oblivion. Maybe I should fire off an e-mail to him as well, @Pale Rider ? Do I have to pay my own fare to The Tower?

407403-royal-tour-png.jpg

Top Bottom