How well do you know Birmingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
A disappointing 6 considering I used to work there. I really like the place - much under-rated.

Diggs

Veteran
9/10 but @User makes a valid point. I mean I've only been to Birmingham on my holidays.
Actually let me quantify that, we had a couple of nights at the Gas Street Basin during a lads Narrow Boat holiday*, dropping off and picking up those who couldn't make the full trip

*Water based pub crawl

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
9/10 for me too. Predictably for me I got the footy one wrong.
Oh yeah and I've never been there...to dangerous.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
8/10
I stayed there overnight once. Way back in 1982 when I ran the Birmingham Marathon when I was 18. I must have absorbed more local knowledge than I thought.
I knew about the canals thing. I am rather fond of canals but I'm not sure that I'd overnight too close to Brum in a narrowboat, having heard horror stories from my friends who have narrowboats.
To be fair, I've been to Birmingham a few times. I used to live in N Staffs and Birmingham has the nearest Ikea. It used to have an excellent climbing wall too, until it shut with no warning.

Diggs

Veteran
I knew about the canals thing. I am rather fond of canals but I'm not sure that I'd overnight too close to Brum in a narrowboat, having heard horror stories from my friends who have narrowboats.
To be fair it was quite nice there, to the extent that they wouldn't let us in to one local bar. We hadn't really gone the full "Alan Partridge blazer/chinos/boatshoes look" by a long way and our converse/festival chic vibe wasn't doing it for the door men.
And of course, you didn't have to chug along the canal far, to be out in the countryside.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
9/10 for me , got the Olympic bid using witchcraft wrong ! I would have scored a 10 about Wolverhampton ^_^

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
8/10. Been there twice...once spent a weekend there (inebriated, most of the time) and once spent an hour waiting at New Street station.

RWright

Guru
6/10. Never been there but I started watching Peaky Blinders this week so I have learned a lot.

pplpilot

Guru
10/10 (had to guess at the wendyball question) only because I've worked in Brum for best part of 20 years and live on the outskirts.

Booyaa

Veteran
To be fair it was quite nice there, to the extent that they wouldn't let us in to one local bar. We hadn't really gone the full "Alan Partridge blazer/chinos/boatshoes look" by a long way and our converse/festival chic vibe wasn't doing it for the door men.
And of course, you didn't have to chug along the canal far, to be out in the countryside.
At the end of Gas Street Basin is the Mailbox and is very pretentious around there, full of hipsters and the cool crowd so not unusual to be turned away, particularly in a group.

Got 10/10 but have lived in Brum a couple of times now but the questions were really easy to be fair.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
9/10 - my only connection was having a cheap knock-off Birmingham City FC shirt as a nipper in an effort to score like Bob Latchford

27bed3952896acdf480774bd6b6d9837.jpg

Top Bottom