How well known is cyclechat outside of the cyclechat community?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
sometimes feel you know people better on the forum than you know people in real life

In truth, there are a few, thankfully very very few, folk I feel I have got to know well enough on the forum to never want to meet in "real" life for the first time or again. In fora veritas, as the romans may have said.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
In fora veritas,
Also "In vino veritas"? :whistle:
Translation: don't drink and post!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In truth, there are a few, thankfully very very few, folk I feel I have got to know well enough on the forum to never want to meet in "real" life for the first time or again. In fora veritas, as the romans may have said.
I'm not sure exactly how many forum members I have met now, but it must be close to 300. I'd be happy to ride with 98-99% of them again. That is way better than I would have expected when I became a forum member.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Well, after today's ride i can only conclude that Cyclechat just doesn't exist!

I rode the 140km route of the Velothon Wales and wore my cyclechat shirt. I was convinced that at least 1 of the 8000 entrants would see it, know about the forum and maybe ask who I was?

WRONG! Not a dicky bird, no one even appeared to give me a second look or ask what the forum was about. It would seem that outside of the 3 dozen people that regularly post here, nobody else knows or cares about the forum and it's existence.......

Julia9054

Guru
Well, after today's ride i can only conclude that Cyclechat just doesn't exist!

I rode the 140km route of the Velothon Wales and wore my cyclechat shirt. I was convinced that at least 1 of the 8000 entrants would see it, know about the forum and maybe ask who I was?

WRONG! Not a dicky bird, no one even appeared to give me a second look or ask what the forum was about. It would seem that outside of the 3 dozen people that regularly post here, nobody else knows or cares about the forum and it's existence.......
That's very good going given your recent injury. Do you fancy coming on my end of term blast on 21st? https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/north-yorkshire-end-of-term-blast-21st-july.233460/

Crankarm

Guru
I don't think any members of my club are aware of - or even remotely interested in - online cycling forums. The same goes for all the people I know who work in cycling media (unless you count Road.cc).

The club has a facebook group but only a minority of members participate in that - it's a small handful of people who make the vast majority of posts.

I reckon most commuting and weekend warrior cyclists have heard of cycle chat and post from time to time or even regularly, but most just won't admit to it. Although of the regulars that post here how many actually cycle as given the frequency and numbers of their posts you could be forgiven for thinking they wouldn't have time for anything else in their lives let alone actually cycling ..........................:laugh:

Top Bottom