How well known is cyclechat outside of the cyclechat community?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would be one of those who doesn't quite feel the same about cc soon after the funding drive then the subsequent changes and what felt like CC making life uncomfortable for some nembers it became apparent that it was more business than a club.

IM not looking for an argument, im genuinely curious as to what way cyclechat made life uncomfortable for some members

There's been 3 Cycle Chat Jersey designs.
The first one was blue with a black variation (such fine figures of men here)
View attachment 416556

The second one was a darker blue
View attachment 416557
The third (latest) more blue
View attachment 416553

I still have one of each the original blue and black ones. They are my main commuting tops.
Ah didn't know there were so many - last one maybe a bit better.

Thanks for the useful info - clearly cyclechat's continued health is down to your Monday to Friday rolling billboard.

all the best

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would be one of those who doesn't quite feel the same about cc soon after the funding drive then the subsequent changes and what felt like CC making life uncomfortable for some members it became apparent that it was more business than a club. Which for so.e reason CC felt like up to that moment. I still look in post etc but less because if I am honest a lot of the cycling stuff bores me to tears. Even the other cycling forums the non cycling stuff is where the quantity of posts are.

Continuing OT, I cannot disagree more. If this place was being run as a business then Sean is a terrible business man. To me CC is like cycling itself, a mixture of many people from all walks of life who just happen to cycle. Yes some of the threads annoy the hell out of me with the aggression and 'playing the (wo)man not the ball mentality', but with such a broad spectrum of tastes it is highly likely that people will disagree. If this place was run as a business the forum would be incredibly bland with stacks of advertising and fake reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

hatler

Guru
Wasn't the FNRttC started as a CTC thing rather than a forum thing? The first time I took part in one, I don't think I was aware of CC at the time.
It was a Benevolent Dictator thing and he was a CTC member (and councillor). The rides were initially mentioned on a long lost forum called acf which is how I first found out about them. When that disintegrated many people went to yacf, many came here. The BD came here. Hence here being the forum home of FNRttC.

It was a Benevolent Dictator thing and he was a CTC member (and councillor). The rides were initially mentioned on a long lost forum called acf which is how I first found out about them. When that disintegrated many people went to yacf, many came here. The BD came here. Hence here being the forum home of FNRttC.
And generally speaking the YACFers aimed to respect the thinking that the planning and information about the FNRttC should be kept and curated in one place to avoid confusion, apart from anything else, so whilst we've alway had some chatter about the rides over there there would pretty much always have been someone piping up to say 'and the definitive source for information is over that way ------> with a link to here and the blog*. That's how I wandered in here, following the tail lights of the Fridays up the road...

*and the subsequent regular (if occasional) 'what is this mudguard/cake/etc tyranny how dare they infringe my human rights thusly' n00b comments from people who went and read that and came back to whinge would generally be fairly firmly squished.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
Comments about former members, either de-registered or that stopped visiting,
are not in the spirit of CC.
Therefore I will delete a few of the previous posts in this thread.

Also see our Guidelines if you're unsure of the contents of your posts.
Conduct – Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, stalking, bullying, trolling and general disrespect. Personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behaviour are not acceptable.

Thank you.

saoirse50

Veteran
[QUOTE 5294221, member: 10119"]And generally speaking the YACFers aimed to respect the thinking that the planning and information about the FNRttC should be kept and curated in one place to avoid confusion, apart from anything else, so whilst we've alway had some chatter about the rides over there there would pretty much always have been someone piping up to say 'and the definitive source for information is over that way ------> with a link to here and the blog*. That's how I wandered in here, following the tail lights of the Fridays up the road...

*and the subsequent regular (if occasional) 'what is this mudguard/cake/etc tyranny how dare they infringe my human rights thusly' n00b comments from people who went and read that and came back to whinge would generally be fairly firmly squished.[/QUOTE]
I think that’s how I got here, via FNRttC. And the rumour I heard was that there was a touch of disapproval from some about the way that YACF was born. And that’s why CC became the go to site for FNRttC stuff. I joined acf in the middle of smileygate and hadn’t a clue what was going on. Anyway, it all seems so far away and long ago now.

Top Bottom