How well known is cyclechat outside of the cyclechat community?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm going with the general consensus of not very well known - judged on my experience.

CycleChat is relatively small, most new threads attract 20 or 30 replies and a hundred or two views before interest wanes.

As a comparison, I see that lass who posted the horse vid on Facebook has had 5.5m views and, I think, tens of thousands of comments.

The difference is night and day, and I'm guessing those sort of numbers while high even for Facebook, will be repeated from time to time.
Which cycling forums can boast numbers akin to Facebook since you seem keen to make a comparison?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It seems that any response that isn't 100% agreement counts as "niggling", which is all we need to know really.
Exactly this!
Trace back through the thread and have a look at who it was that started this particular line of discussion and who it was they blamed, and it's the same every single time. That's the "niggling" The continual passive aggressive posting style of some members desperately seeking a way to belittle and goad those members that they have a different view to yet who they lack the wit to engage with.

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Wait...

...there is life outside of CC?

Well I’ll be blown.

Tin Pot

Guru
Not many people use Internet forums, full stop.

Not as many people use the internet as some would like to believe.

On a side note about social media, if you think anonymity and moderation are evil, join a Facebook group.

I joined The Ironman Journey. It was unbelievable what people would say to each other, and there’s no swear filter either.

I must admit I don't mention CC to people, it's my dirty little secret! It's quite a thriving forum as cycling forums go, I think and is pitched just right for me. It is a community, I was forced to consider all this during my recent sojourn as a mod. I do think many of us become inured to the niggles that go on between people and in certain subjects which is something that isn't always particularly welcoming to people joining, nor understood.

I miss people when they don't post, in fact I'm wondering about the whereabouts of one member now who hasn't been on since Feb and of course many of us have met, I hope to meet more but I don't think many people in general use forums like this and since 2012, I think cycling numbers have been falling again, which affects this and other forums and shops.

Last edited:
Top Bottom