how would you react?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

User66445

I think people miss the point here. If high visibility clothes reduces the chances of an accident even by as low as 1%, it's worth it.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I think people miss the point here. If high visibility clothes reduces the chances of an accident even by as low as 1%, it's worth it.

What if it increased the chances by even 1%?

User66445

I think you'll find it does make you easier to see. You do realise it's compulsory to have at least a high visibility jacket in your car if you drive in Europe, don't you?

Unless, of course, you think it unnecessary after brexit as everyone in the UK 's eyesight will improve, they will become good drivers and mindful of other road users :smile:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I think you'll find it does make you easier to see.

What hi-vis aid are you talking about here? Yellow jackets?

classic33

Leg End Member
I think you'll find it does make you easier to see. You do realise it's compulsory to have at least a high visibility jacket in your car if you drive in Europe, don't you?

Unless, of course, you think it unnecessary after brexit as everyone in the UK 's eyesight will improve, they will become good drivers and mindful of other road users :smile:
I don't drive, but I'll go with contrast over Hi-Vis any day.

And Hi-Vis isn't compulsory in all Europe or even all of the EU.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
No you are missing the point. I agree with you and I do wear high viz gear. In fact I have just made another light weigh harness for the winter commute. . The point is that helmets and viz vests are personal choice, not law. It is not for other people to try and and inflencd what you do or wear.

Attachments

• IMG_20180904_211013.jpg
    IMG_20180904_211013.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 26

classic33

Leg End Member
Two questions for those who advocate compulsory Hi-Vis.
How often do you wash yours?
When do you replace yours(On what frequency)?

User66445

You missed the first question, which is
Who is advocating compulsory high visibility clothing ?

I may think it is silly not to, and the arguments against are specious, but it is your choice, just as it was the luddites to smash their machines.

Now helmets, that's a different issue.

Top Bottom