how would you react?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I may think it is silly not to, and the arguments against are specious, but it is your choice, just as it was the luddites to smash their machines.
SSB_2018_09_07_04.JPG

This is one of our local trams. You'll notice the colour.

According to Wikipedia these trams are 3.7m high, 2.6m wide, and 38m long. They are, as you can see, bright yellow and have 3 headlights, as well as indicators and rear lights, and being rail vehicles they tend to follow the same route every time they pass.

And yet frequently car drivers completely fail to see them, and pull out in front of them, or drive into them.

If drivers in Stuttgart are managing not to see this, I reckon they'll have no problem missing a hi-vis vest.

And Luddites did a lot more than smash machines...

classic33

Leg End Member
You missed the first question, which is
Who is advocating compulsory high visibility clothing ?

I may think it is silly not to, and the arguments against are specious, but it is your choice, just as it was the luddites to smash their machines.

Now helmets, that's a different issue.
The Luddites never smashed their machines.

User66445

Drago, I refer you back to my original post. You cannot guard against lapses in concentration, but you can against people not seeing you because you are wearing black at night.

Drago

Legendary Member
I like Meet the Ancestors. They archaeologists dig a 6" deep hole, and then make the presenters stand in it. Insanity of the first order, but fear not! They wear hard hats to protects against (presumably) unexpected meteoritic impact, and thank God for their hi viz else we wouldn't even know they were there. Wonderful material.

i wasnt wearing black at night it was mid morning on a sunny day

No distress flares, flags, or sirens? You fool! No wonder the chap that couldn't see you was so irate.

classic33

Leg End Member
Drago, I refer you back to my original post. You cannot guard against lapses in concentration, but you can against people not seeing you because you are wearing black at night.
What colour for days then?
Black can stand out better than a light yellow. At night, under LED lighting you're relying on the 2 plus 2 to get you seen.

Top Bottom