How's the Royal Mail letter delivery service where you are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not having a go at the postman as we know each other on first name terms due to me signing on delivery for many items over the years, but it seems some of my important letters have gone missing. I've been waiting for a PIP assessment result since my phone assessment on the 15th of June. I know the result as i phoned the DWP the other day to ask where the letter was. They told me it'd been sent out on the 29th of June. That was on Monday and i'm still waiting for their copy of the original letter to arrive. I'm also waiting for a bank statement to arrive. It was due 2 weeks ago, but it hasn't been delivered. I look on the local facebook page as wrongly posted items are shown on there, but no luck!

Are you experiencing letters not arriving where you live?🤔

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
No mine have been perfect all through lockdown. I had a number of false deliveries which I reported, but that was the fault of the temporary postmen covering the usual man's holiday

I've not noticed anything missing but deliveries have been intermittent. Nothing for a few days and then a bundle of post.
Sometimes the post arrives early evening rather than in the morning.
I think it's pandemic related ?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No mine have been perfect all through lockdown. I had a number of false deliveries which I reported, but that was the fault of the temporary postmen covering the usual man's holiday
I'm getting endless take-away menus delivered by the postman, but not the important stuff.:rolleyes: Every day (apart from Sunday obviously) i wait for the usually about 1.15 sound of the letterbox opening, then go downstairs hoping to see brown and white envelopes, but no it's just more take-away and 'we'll buy your house' crap.:ninja:

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Nothing missing that i've noticed, although, we have had Birthday cards arrive to us in an opened state in the past. Thankfully, no money is ever sent in this manner. Could also be poor quality envelope glue not doing it's job...

I'm getting endless take-away menus delivered by the postman, but not the important stuff.:rolleyes: Every day (apart from Sunday obviously) i wait for the usually about 1.15 sound of the letterbox opening, then go downstairs hoping to see brown and white envelopes, but no it's just more take-away and 'we'll buy your house' crap.:ninja:
Perhaps they're keeping an eye on you and making sure you're not trying to scam them.

vickster

Legendary Member
just do everything online and save the trees and reduce plastic waste :okay:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Yes, had a few things missing or very late. We did get a report of an area local to us who have had no mail for over 2 weeks due to staffing issues, surely they could divert someone from another area for a day so at least they got something once in a while.

Top Bottom