How's the Royal Mail letter delivery service where you are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Funnily this came up recently for us, our local postie was off for about a week (holiday) and his 1/2 round wasn't covered (he collects for other 1/2 of his job) those that can cover his round all either in isolation or covering full rounds, they mostly don't cover half rounds unless they can do two and have the spare staff, so we had no post for a week.
The absorption (I think it's called ) when delivery office staff go out and share missing rounds has gone as the isolation rate/booked holidays meant our D.O. struggle for enough staff currently. When our postie returned we got the backlog (2 items), most of our post is junk leaflets and the occasional odd thing that isn't easily done online, all important stuff is online.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I have a side hustle (since first lockdown) selling stuff on Amazon, eBay and Etsy and have been experiencing intermittent postage delays in one part or other up and down the UK since the beginning. I haven't noticed any complaints recently about missing items but earlier in the year it was quite bad. It usually coincides with peak COVID periods for obvious reasons as the sorting offices get hit with sudden outbreaks.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
We have had alternate day deliveries from the Post Office for a number of years. This has never been announced but we get one day with no post and multiple items the next day.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not having a go at the postman as we know each other on first name terms due to me signing on delivery for many items over the years, but it seems some of my important letters have gone missing. I've been waiting for a PIP assessment result since my phone assessment on the 15th of June. I know the result as i phoned the DWP the other day to ask where the letter was. They told me it'd been sent out on the 29th of June. That was on Monday and i'm still waiting for their copy of the original letter to arrive. I'm also waiting for a bank statement to arrive. It was due 2 weeks ago, but it hasn't been delivered. I look on the local facebook page as wrongly posted items are shown on there, but no luck!

Are you experiencing letters not arriving where you live?🤔

Mine is still top notch, despite my postie being on long term sick. He didn't want the covid jab, is a mate of mine from school days, nearly died of Covid, and isn't back at work yet after a few months. His colleagues are still delivering promptly.

400ixl

Ours is also very good. Helps our postie lives in our close for those times when we are not at home and something is too large for the letter box or needs signing for.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok, time to get mad.:ninja: My important letters from the DWP and my bank haven't arrived AGAIN!!! Now they won't arrive till Tuesday (due to the bank holiday) at the earliest and even then i'll be surprised if they do! I'm getting paranoid thoughts that there's some sicko :crazy: at the sorting depot binning my mail. This has happened before (not to me) as a few years ago another person's mail was held back and then all the letters addressed to them were found in a skip. The letters i urgently need have my National Insurance number and my bank account details on/in them. This is slightly worrying! I bet letters that had penny black stamps stuck on them and were transported by horse and cart arrived faster than mine!!🧐

Last edited:
Top Bottom