How's the Royal Mail letter delivery service where you are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ok, time to get mad.:ninja: My important letters from the DWP and my bank haven't arrived AGAIN!!! Now they won't arrive till Tuesday (due to the bank holiday) at the earliest and even then i'll be surprised if they do! I'm getting paranoid thoughts that there's some sicko :crazy: at the sorting depot binning my mail. This has happened before (not to me) as a few years ago another person's mail was held back and then all the letters addressed to them were found in a skip. The letters i urgently need have my National Insurance number and my bank account details on/in them. This is slightly worrying! I bet letters that had penny black stamps stuck on them and were transported by horse and cart arrived faster than mine!!🧐

Here we go. Why do you need a letter when the lot is stored on-line ?.

It's certainly not RM's fault, or my Covid poorly postie mate's fault.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
He was trying to blag a disabled badge a bit back, typical doley.
Just seen this. Seriously, you are one nasty piece of work!!! I linked you a thread the other day regarding anger management. Obviously you haven't bothered to look at it!

Oh and sorry to disappoint you, but i need the letter from the DWP to confirm my PIP mobility points, which qualify me automatically for a blue disabled parking badge.:thanks:

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
old house i saw a load of post dumped over the fence into the "waste " land between us and a house on the other side so i reported it to the post office and it turned out he was a postie who was dumping it instead of delivering .

aferris2

Guru
Received an email this afternoon to say Royal Mail had delivered a package today at 20:55.

I'll check in an hour to see if it's arrived.

Just seen this. Seriously, you are one nasty piece of work!!! I linked you a thread the other day regarding anger management. Obviously you haven't bothered to look at it!

Oh and sorry to disappoint you, but i need the letter from the DWP to confirm my PIP mobility points, which qualify me automatically for a blue disabled parking badge.:thanks:
Told you plenty of times you don't anger me, it's annoying to think my Tax contributions will be going towards some kind of benefit for someone who doesn't deserve it, if that's the case of course.

I assumed you were quite able bodied judging by the amount of walking about you do, taking pictures and posing in your latest outfit?🤫

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Pretty good round here. I've only had one letter obviously go missing in the last couple of years. The speed of delivery is a bit patchy but that doesn't matter too much to me.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Never had a problem with our Post. We know one of the regulars and apparently there's a sort of ' hierarchy". The newer posties get the tougher, less pleasant routes, and as you settle in and get more experienced then you get allocated to a " nicer " round.
The only instances of stuff getting lost in the post was many years ago when boarding at Greyfriars. One of our fellow pupils, Billy, IIRC was always asking us to subsidise him as his Postal Orders would keep going missing in the Post.

Nor us either.

No idea if they are striking or not.

We get almost no mail apart from junk advertising.

The writing is writ firmly on the wall for postal letter mail.
I hope not! I've got an older relative whom I'm helping with their bills, banking etc. We're in the process of getting as much as possible back to postal as they've no interest in online.

Personally my service seems good, NHS seems to post a lot of things to me which could be email but there's some other stuff.
The main letter I (or 'The Occupier' does anyway lol) I get though is my monthly TV Licence reminder.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Generally pretty good service as the mail often arrives at 8 o'clock at night particularly if ferries have been delayed.
We used Parcelforce for business parcels pre privatisation and they were very good and cheaper than couriers.
One rule of thumb driving to or from a ferry is that if you see a red van hurtling towards you pull over at the first opportunity.
The "Durness Mails " in Sutherland used to be notorious for speeding.
Recently of course the strikes are causing a bit of havoc.

Top Bottom