hrm need one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayce

im starting on big hills where i live there a some monsters but lately im getting cramp always on the right side hmmm , i need a hrm which one dont want to pay silly money but i think when i go out i push a little too hard sometimes so this will tell me when i should chill it ...is this right because of the weather its hard to get a good ride in, i use the tt but i cant get motivated so my fitness must be dropping ,also ive stopped going to the gym ,:girl:

Chrisz

Über Member
When you say 'silly money' what do you mean? Good, basic Polars are around 30 quid these days - ECG accurate and nice and easy to read. If you want recordable/reviewable ones then you are looking at a fair bit more.

jimboalee

I have a Polar FS1, never used. (unwanted present)

Why? If I arrive home alive, my heart hasn't stopped.
Found no need for a HRM. It is the gradient that stops me, not my heart rate.

If you're intested, send me a PM.

PS, its Yellow :biggrin:

bonj2

they're not essential at all.
imo if it's worth getting one at all it'd be worth getting one that can record or link to a garmin etc., so you can analyze how much effort you're expending and where.

OP
OP
J

jayce

im starting on the brecon beacons soon and there a some monster hills so i think my heart rate is going to go through the roof

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I've had a Garmin Forerunner 50 for over a year now and I am very pleased with it. It has the facility to automatically load your ride details to your PC using free software. This lets you keep track of your training progress.

I got mine here: http://www.heartratemonitor.co.uk/garmin_forerunner_50.html

The price has gone down since I bought mine so even better value.

The Garmin Forerunner 50 is an excellent piece of kit, and can be used with a cadence sensor (GSC 10) which will transmit speed, distance and cadence to your watch while also letting you monitor heart rate. The sensor is available from Amazon for around £35. I love mine.

jimboalee

If your family has a history of heart disease, I would say "Yes, get one".

If you are intending to compete, a HRM serves to analyse retrospectively how you performed without dropping off your bike dead. In a race, you will be giving it large and bollox to the HR.

If you are intending to keep in the 'fat burning' zone to lose a bit of spare, a simple HRM will suffice, like the one I was given. After a few sortes, you will neglect the HRM due to increased familiarity of the pace you must keep.

If you are intending to get 'ultra fit', you WILL if you give it large like you are training to compete, even without a HRM.

My own veiw is :- No HRM while riding. Digital Blood pressure monitor with HR readout in the morning after a good night's sleep.

jay clock

Massive member
I have a perfectly good one in brand new condition which will sell (I bought a Garmin Forerunner GPS thingy pretty much straight after)

It is a Decathlon model, CW T500. It has a watch, strap and handbook. It works fine and does all the basic functions (averages, current, max, time in zone etc)

It is here http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/cw-t500-coded-52466551/

It was rrp about £39.99, I paid £30 I think and if anyone wants it PM me. First one to agree to £15 inc postage, can have it. Only used 3 or 4 times

OP
OP
J

jayce

i am so called fit but had family probs just before xmas and the weather and the kids only been out around 6 times since begining of dec so my fitness have dropped so when i go out i think i push myself a bit too much on hills thats why i wanted a hrm

Top Bottom