Hunt Wheels – should I avoid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Until you hit a hill and those weighty wheels become boat anchors ⚓!!!

Depends where the weight is. Rim and tyre weight matter, but hubs don't and that's where some significant weight is lost at a 'cost' without being any better than say a handbuilt rim with sturdier hubs.

Venod

Eh up
not always slick but I'm a northerner, I can deal with that.

I think this is a lot to do with their grumpy reputation, its Yorkshire, were generally down to earth no nonsense folk who say it like it is, but also build terrific wheels.

bobzmyunkle

Pros and cons apparently!
Not ont interweb
brass everytime

PaulSB

Legendary Member
A friend recently took delivery of a Mason which came with Hunt wheels as stock. Three of us were admiring his new ride, chatting in the usual manner when he expressed concerns over the wheels.

Two main points from the then more serious conversation; we all ride with a club of 180+ members many of whom use Hunt wheels and none of us have ever heard a complaint or moan about them.

The view I expressed was if I was looking for wheels my first choices would be D T Swiss or Hunt.

Spartak