Hunt wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
With regards to rim width:
https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/component/shimano105-r7000/BR-R7000.html
1590594048291.png

I should be ok with a 24mm rim then?

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Have just messaged DCR, Lets see what he comes up with, :okay:

tbh the full spec of the components are in the website.

I’m waiving again now, the DCR standard wheel is quite light.
I keep looking at the AL33 wheel, my heart says yes but my head can’t justify it, even with the you can use it on other bikes.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
tbh the full spec of the components are in the website.

I’m waiving again now, the DCR standard wheel is quite light.
I keep looking at the AL33 wheel, my heart says yes but my head can’t justify it, even with the you can use it on other bikes.
Yes the AL33 looks nice. Would like to here from someone who has used them.

albal

Guru
I've got a pair of the 4 season gravel discs as they came with a bike I bought. They seem alright. Only had one problem when the free hub stopped engaging. Some new grease and it was fine again. Never had to true them though or even touch a spoke.
Similar story here, stopped engaging freehub. Not what you want on tour. Customer service was excellent. A replacement posted in days. Approximately 10000 miles on it.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
The other thing with Hunts and it's something I saw mentioned a lot is the hub noise, is it really like a swarm of demented bee's?

It doesn't bother myself much, but I have many horse riders on my routes.

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
It's an interesting observation. It used to be the case that cyclists prided themselves on how silently their bikes ran. Now in the era of composite frames and buzz-saw freewheels they don't half make a racket.

The other thing with Hunts and it's something I saw mentioned a lot is the hub noise, is it really like a swarm of demented bee's?

It doesn't bother myself much, but I have many horse riders on my routes.
I am NOT a fan of loud free-hubs, but I think in the case of horses, the more advance notice they get the better, so it may not be a problem overall?
It's not an issue I've noticed in years of groups-passing-horses. But they are complicated creatures!

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I am NOT a fan of loud free-hubs, but I think in the case of horses, the more advance notice they get the better, so it may not be a problem overall?
It's not an issue I've noticed in years of groups-passing-horses. But they are complicated creatures!

True some are just more skittish than others, I just air on the side of caution with them, they're bigger than me!

And I seen a horse rider get thrown off and it didn't look enjoyable.

Last edited:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
With these wheels all being wide, how do I know if I will have clearance issues?

Indeed, none of their wheels will fit my Giant TCR for example, the frame just doesn't have the clearance for these wider wheels and the required wider tyres. But also, it's really difficult to get a wheels with a 15mm internal rim width or less these days.

Top Bottom