Hunt wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Similar story here, stopped engaging freehub. Not what you want on tour. Customer service was excellent. A replacement posted in days. Approximately 10000 miles on it.

I got stuck quite a way from home: it was a long walk to the nearest train station!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I`m a big fan of noisy freehubs, along with a bell. Great for alerting walkers.
Don't get many people walking in the road around our way.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Another option for you is DCR wheels who is based in East Sussex (he has a very good reputation) - and can't be far from you

https://dcrwheels.co.uk/custom-wheelsets/which-rim/

He built me a wheelset using the Kinlin xr31t rims 4 years ago - after 12,000km of riding they run as well and are as true as the day I received them (as far as I can tell anyway).

I can confirm that they can be run with tubes as well as this is what I do.

with the DCR hub?

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Not the best website, Needs a wheel building section on it, unless i have missed that.

I have had issues navigating it as well, the DCR 23 is a Taiwan rim but its using a different grade of aluminium.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Legend!! thanks for that.

I missed your rim on the website before but he has some prices listed.

I really wanted something around the 31mm deep mark, so I will get this exact rim in an all black build, with the Sapim spokes and DCR hub.

Thanks again, I need to sell some stuff now! haha

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Don't get many people walking in the road around our way.

Neither do we, but shared paths can be an issue and I use quite a lot of those on my commute. So more noise the better, however do find a loud cough clears the path quickly like a parting of the Red Sea :laugh:

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I have emailed DCR now and said I will order these at the end of June, I will order them quicker if I feel I wont need my fuel allowance this month as working from home will continue.

I know the Kinlin rim is what Hunt and Scribe use, but this will have the Sapim spokes and DCR hub, I'm also supporting a local business which is good.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, and thanks for pointing me in the direction of the wheel builders.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
I have emailed DCR now and said I will order these at the end of June, I will order them quicker if I feel I wont need my fuel allowance this month as working from home will continue.

I know the Kinlin rim is what Hunt and Scribe use, but this will have the Sapim spokes and DCR hub, I'm also supporting a local business which is good.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, and thanks for pointing me in the direction of the wheel builders.

Hunt use kinlin rims, novatec hubs and pillar spokes I think.

Domdom1980

The other thing with Hunts and it's something I saw mentioned a lot is the hub noise, is it really like a swarm of demented bee's?

It doesn't bother myself much, but I have many horse riders on my routes.

They are bloody noisy, but sometimes that works in my favour - as some else pointed out, if coming up behind horses/walking people freewheeling gives the riders/walkers some advance warning of an overweight lycra warrior incoming!

Top Bottom