I am the best 200lb+ Climber in the Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Just so. Would that be the West Wickham near Cambridge or South London?
The latter, nestling as it does in the miles of dull suburbia twixt Bromley and Croydon, death's waiting room, and a portal to the North Downs of Kent (and all those lovely, lovely hills).

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
So, where were we?

Oh yes. Blazed didn't respond to anyone's request for links and hasn't explained his views on peak vs average power.
You asked for British cycling ranking etc, I don't have that. Why would I need it? Rather can competing against a small group at amateur races, I compete against 1000's, sometimes 10,000's on Strava segments. Like I said, I am organising an event in spring, not that I need to but all will be proven then.

Citius

You asked for British cycling ranking etc, I don't have that. Why would I need it? Rather can competing against a small group at amateur races, I compete against 1000's, sometimes 10,000's on Strava segments. Like I said, I am organising an event in spring, not that I need to but I all will be proven then.

Once again - top trolling.

So you've never pinned a number on - and you rate your ability on Strava segments, where nobody knows how fast anyone else is going, or how hard anyone else is trying anyway? You think that's better than actually racing in an actual race - where the actual objective is to actually beat people - in actual, real time? That's given me my first actual laugh of the day :laugh::laugh::laugh:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions

So you've never pinned a number on - and you rate your ability on Strava segments, where nobody knows how fast anyone else is going, or how hard anyone else is trying anyway? You think that's better than actually racing in an actual race - where the actual objective is to actually beat people - in actual, real time? That's given me my first actual laugh of the day :laugh::laugh::laugh:
When you're the best 200lb+ climber the minor details don't matter eh

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+

What makes a good rider is his training not where he competes. My training is top notch as is my dedication to increasing performance. Whilst I don't compete in amateur that doesn't mean I wouldn't win them if I did. You would say Usain Bolt is the fastest person in the world, but for all we know there is someone living away from modern civilization who can run a lot faster. Just because he is not at the Olympics does not change that.

And for the record I'm actually going to start TT'ing in the Spring, does that count?

Citius

Like I said, I am organising an event in spring, not that I need to but all will be proven then.

I would love to do this, but why should I risk getting in my car and driving 250 miles to Hertfordshire to an event that I know you will not show up for?

Citius

What makes a good rider is his training not where he competes

A good rider is only a good rider when he is proven to be a good rider. Ergo - you are not a good rider.

And foor the record I'm actually going to start TT'ing in the Spring, does that count?

Only if you actually do it - and we can see the results.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days

All that effort that Froome, Nibali, Quintana, Wiggins and the like put in to win those tours... When all they had to do was blat around a few Strava segments to show how good they were.

They'll be feeling kinda miffed if they read this.

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
I would love to do this, but why should I risk getting in my car and driving 250 miles to Hertfordshire to an event that I know you will not show up for?
It will actually be Buckinghamshire, not decided on the hill yet but probably kop hill in Prince's risborough. You'll see nearer the time that it is a serious thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom