I am thinking of buying a Turbo trainer - are they any good? Is it worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't forget the towel, a drink and a cheap fan (Argos sell 'em cheap) otherwise there will be a big puddle on the floor.

I used to only use them for injury, but at the minute it's one of my only ways of doing 'some' miles hard. Pootling round at the caravan with the missus is not training !

Firestorm

Veteran
I too am thinking about a turbo trainer, but I am also considering a spin bike, primarily so I don't have to get a new back wheel, get the bike in from the garage every time I want to use it ( there is no room for the Tt in there) as well as Mrs FS be Ing able to use the spin bike.
As I use a wattbike most weekday lunchtimes , just for 30 minutes , I am ok with indoor bikes.

screenman

Legendary Member
It's a mindset.
If it was the only form of exercise available to me, I could easily do 2 hrs a day, every day.

I spend an hour 4 days a week hyping up and down a pool, not a lot of scenery change going on there, certainly do not get bored.

Jimidh

Veteran
image.jpeg
I can't say I enjoy a turbo session but it's great for keeping fit on the dark winter nights. I suppose if it's enjoyable then your not working hard enough.

I use Trainer Road with lots of loud music to keep me focused.

uclown2002

Guru
View attachment 145018 I can't say I enjoy a turbo session but it's great for keeping fit on the dark winter nights. I suppose if it's enjoyable then your not working hard enough.

I use Trainer Road with lots of loud music to keep me focused.
For 25 mins?

david k

Hi
If you look about you can get some good bargains in sales. I have a smart Turbo and use Zwift. It's a good way of killing the time on a turbo. It's an interactive virtual world. There is an £8 monthly subscription but many just pay through the winter. I'm using it as I'm not riding on the roads due to my back injury.
What's needed for a full set up? Been considering this but not sure exactly what's needed or how much it will cost

I used a turbo in the past but found it so noisey it put me off, which are queit ?

Top Bottom