I am thinking of buying a Turbo trainer - are they any good? Is it worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Still using it,Just a quick seven miles this morning.Loving it.

si_c

Guru
I'm thinking of getting one, it's interesting to see people's opinions of them.

For me it's more about having an extra tool available to me. Most of my mileage is commuting, and whilst I try to get out for a couple of longer rides each month, Mrs C does like me being home of an evening.

This is a good way for me to get an hour of solid exercise and not be out for too long.

Besides anything at the moment I've a separated shoulder so can't ride a bike at all, driving me mad. Likely to get one this week just to get back on a bike at all.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I've found in the past that an hour of turbo is pretty dull. You should consider the smart units that mean you can link in and ride courses such as bkool, zwift etc. It is a lot more pleasurable than just turning your legs and you actually ride more often because of it. I've found my bkool a lot of fun especially with the various leagues.... I've even joined the cyclechat leagues which has been a lot of laughs. We recently took part in a nations cup against Denmark and Spain... let's just say that we got bronze but again all these extras help motivate and keep you going!

si_c

Guru
I've found in the past that an hour of turbo is pretty dull. You should consider the smart units that mean you can link in and ride courses such as bkool, zwift etc. It is a lot more pleasurable than just turning your legs and you actually ride more often because of it. I've found my bkool a lot of fun especially with the various leagues.... I've even joined the cyclechat leagues which has been a lot of laughs. We recently took part in a nations cup against Denmark and Spain... let's just say that we got bronze but again all these extras help motivate and keep you going!
That's my thinking, an hour of Trainerroad whilst watching some sh1te on netflix.

Top Bottom