I don't know how to ride a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soup890

Crazy
Do you find it hard to believe when someone says they wish they learnt to ride a bike?

It's as easy as walking.

Someone said to me they don't know how to balance on a bike!!!

Is riding a skill??

uclown2002

Guru
And here we go again.......................

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Yes, it's definitely a skill. Daily, I see people on expensive-looking road bikes with absolutely no idea how to use them properly.

Ern1e

Über Member
Do you find it hard to believe when someone says they wish they learnt to ride a bike?

It's as easy as walking.

Someone said to me they don't know how to balance on a bike!!!

Is riding a skill??
All i am going to say is that you must have had a very bad childhood ! I was taught well ok shoved on a bike at 6 years old fell off several times crashed more times than I would like to admit to but it is a skill that these days I very much cherrish and use daily ! so thanks mum and dad you did your job well.

buggi

Bird Saviour
When I did my bikeability instructor training, the instructor got me to sit on my bike, put on the brakes and then, with him holding me, put my feet on the pedals.

Let me tell you, it was the scariest moment of the year. I put one foot on the pedal and then it was like the other was glued to the floor. He was like “trust me, I’ve got you” and I can honestly say it was scared of falling over. Afterwards he said to me, now you can imagine what its like for someone who’s never been on a bike before.

He opened my eyes!

There is a guy at work who can’t ride, his mother never bought him a bike because she was worried he'd fall off, and he never learnt.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
You do sound a tad envious. What is properly? I doubt you can use some of the things you own to their full potential.
No, I'm not the slightest bit envious, and I'm comfortable with my own cycling abilities, having ridden a bicycle my whole life. I'm just annoyed that some people riding bicycles don't know when or how to give way, adjust their speed to suit the conditions, and/or overtake. These same people generally have little respect for other people, and for the road rules.

Top Bottom