Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I have a great job.

• I love my job.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've died and gone to heaven

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
yenrod said:
Why, what would you be setting up for ?

I am planning on setting up a chain of legalised brothels. I'm just waiting for the government to change the law. You can come and work for me if you like, obviously there will be certain 'perks' of the trade! :biggrin:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have a great ob, but then it is one that I always wanted to do and 34 years into it I still am enthusiastic. The job has changed a bit over the years, but basicly it is still the same. If the good days outnumber the bad days, the any job can't be that bad, If the reverse is the case then maybe a new job/career is needed:biggrin:

surfgurl

I work in a school. It's ok. Apart from yesterday which saw me supervising a kid cutting up a pig's head and then boiling it so he could have the skull. "But it's art Miss." Art?! It bloody stank.

Hate it, but it pays the bills and college fees, just about. Plus once I've finished college, if that ever happens (losing the will to live at the moment, how many assignments can one person possibly write in a limited amount of time? :biggrin:), I might actually get a job that I DO like...or not, as the case may be, cause there isn't many jobs like that out there...

i like my job,being my own boss,come and go as i please, "boss i need 4 weeks off to go to Australia on holiday ar christmas" "certainly:biggrin:"

driving around london and especially warm weather ,no end of laaaaydeees dressed down:tongue:

start when i want ,finish when i want cycle when i want etc etc

downside is i dont get paid when not working!!! spose i better get off this computer and get my @rse moving:smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm good at my job, and if left to my own devices, i do it well. It's all the bullsh!t paperwork and pointless meetings and paranoid colleagues I like to leave behind me when I close the door!

simonali

Guru
Hate my job. Only do it out of necessity and wish away my life looking forward to the next day I don't have to be there!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm bored. I'm in the process of trying to radically restructure my life before the sands of time run out!

I have a great job - greenkeeper.
Work 7.5 hours a day.
Plenty of overtime.
Get very well paid (by my standards).
Free accommodation.
Very low overheads.
Free/cheap leisure activities (cycling, golf, reading, learning to play musical instruments).
A long winter holiday coming up, Nov - Mar.

I'm happy with my lot, but don't take things for granted.

:angry:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's all right I suppose. I'm able to cycle to work which is good. Given the responsibilities of aspects of the job and my qualifications and abilities it is very underpaid. I do like aspects of it but then again I'm leaving soon so whatever is bad is gone.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My new'ish job is fine - last job started out OK but meant I was traveling too much - 60 mile commute and frequent site visits etc, and a busy stressful job.

Current job is fine, loads to learn - not about my job, I'm an accountant, so transferrable skills, but the organisation and who does what - it's a University, so a bit of a mad house compared to industry. Plus side, commuting on the bike, promise of showers and covered/secure parking and I'm involved with the Cycle User's Group. Just volunteered to be a cycling 'buddy' for bike to work day in June - left my location as floating as I'll cover any start points we can get the volunteers for - two 'leaders' per commute.

Get lots of holidays though which is a big bonus for me, despite the big pay cut to go there - but I got my life back and lots of free time...whoo can't complain.

Plax

Guru
My job is ok. Not the most intellectually stimulating of jobs, and it requires very little effort on my part. It keeps me busy though and is usually fairly varied. I know I can do a lot better as I'm grossely over qualified for this job but I'm not remotely interested in a career and it is an extremely convienient job. Not too far away from home, fairly well paid for the area. Very little stress, fantastic work colleagues. Little requirement for regular overtime. I go to work, get paid and get loads of free time to do what I please in terms of hobbies and voluntary work. Bargain.

Top Bottom