Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I have a great job.

• I love my job.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've died and gone to heaven

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
had you asked me 3 months ago i would say i love my job. but i moved on to a project team for a year and i must admit i miss my old job because the new one is a tad boring but will look brilliant on my cv which is why i decided to take the secondment to it.

but yea, definitely, my real job is great and the temporary one is boring.

I love mine I live 3/4miles from work in the country:biggrin: and all I do is play with bikes ALL day. I just had a count yes just now 22.15 at night of all the bikes at work and its 716:ohmy:. The thing is I can take any of them out for a ride (yes in work time) play with my bikes, Stop and have a coffee YES coffee have a look on CC. I LOVE MY JOB

gbb

Legendary Member
Love my job, but hate the management style there.
Most engineers i guess are left to their own devices and not interfered with...that bit i like.
Faultfinding when not under pressure is a joy and i get enormous satisfaction when i solve a wierd one. Its about using your head as much as your hands.

Servicing a fleet of machines gives me something to focus on day by day.

Access to all areas of the plant..no restrictions, no questions. I couldnt ever be tied to one machine or desk..it'd drive me insane.

Travel regular, Spain, Cyprus, Uruguay...possibility one day of south Africa and Egypt......fcuk me..even travelled Business Class ;)...me...i'm just a regular guy :blush:

The downsides....
The management style is sh1te with a capital S...but thats whats made the company successful in the past..cant have your cake and eat it i suppose. It rarely affects me, so i shouldnt complain.

Its stressful when you got a line of people waiting for ME to fix the problem...and i often dont have the answers. :blush:

The next jobs always the most important...bogger everything else, even if its just as important. Fustrating and bloddy annoying at times.

bonj2

my job's great, actually find myself wondering how much i'll get done in the hours rather than willing the hours to tick by. Other programmers are cyclists, i enjoy the sense of ironly that a product for a very car-centric industry is produced almost entirely by cyclists.

bonj2

now my previous job - now THAT is a place that a phrase involving the terms 'piss-up', 'brewery', 'cooks' and 'broth' spring to mind :blush: Too many people all thought they knew how to run the joint, and none of them were completely right, and wouldn't take no for an answer, so some sackings had to occur ;):blush:. I didn't like the new direction as it didn't really involve me doing anything particularly interesting so I quit. (in fact what my time there consisted of during my last couple of months was posting on here pretty much ALL day, hence my place at the top of the leaderboard ;D )
Selfish, you might say, but i'm not sticking around like a spare part just ready for when they might happen to need me, in fact I've probably done them a favour by saving them my wages as they haven't replace me yet. Fortunately the company seems to be looking up, i spoke to an ex colleague in the gym and apparently they won a couple of contracts they were bidding for and rerecruited a chap who knows the place well.

bonj2

spandex said:
I still love my job

you're not still there are you ;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
@Spandex and Mickle
Loving the keenness there.
Don't s'pose you've got any vacancies going?;) I can build a bike and be sufficiently confident about it to do Ventoux...

gbb

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
Yeah, but the boss is on here watching you.
Go on, join under a nom de plum and call him a c*nt. :evil:

:biggrin::biggrin: Oh that reminds me...
years ago in an old job of mine, the engineers had to book out spares used on a duplicate form.
Boss (Gerry)came down one day :angry::angry: who's responsible for this !!!!!!! :angry::angry:

'Someone' had used the blunt end of the biro and written on the top form (invisible of course)..'Gerry is a daffodil'
It came through beautifully on the duplicate copy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

surfgurl

Right now I'm at hate my job stage.
Tonight I have done the job of two people and worked for 6 hours without a break.
And we got the letter from the Chief Exec saying that due to market conditions we'll only get a two% pay increase.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
My job is very easy, I sit in a box which overlooks the bike assembly production line work-station to which Spandex is attached by a chain. I drink tea and read magazines and occasionally lean over to press a red button which sends electricity through a pair of enormous crocodile clips attached to his tiny genitals. It's a demanding job, the button is quite a long way away and I have to lean quite far.

mickle said:
My job is very easy, I sit in a box which overlooks the bike assembly production line work-station to which Spandex is attached by a chain. I drink tea and read magazines and occasionally lean over to press a red button which sends electricity through a pair of enormous crocodile clips attached to his tiny genitals. It's a demanding job, the button is quite a long way away and I have to lean quite far.

:angry:

Top Bottom