I hate car's!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
One job I had they hired cars for me. I quickly twigged that a bottle of whisky to the hire manager got me quite an upgrade. One time I asked him, "What's the very best car you can hire me?". He instantly replied "The Skoda Octavia. More comfortable, reliable and better spec than any of the German Panzerwankwagons".

lane

Veteran
Mrs Lane cleaned the car on Saturday; I cleaned my bike.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I actually like cleaning the car. Radio on, cup of tea...I find the whole exercise very therapeutic.

Me too,I love cleaning cars bikes ect,no radio, peace and quiet rules:okay:

As for doing away with the car and van :laugh:
Not a chance ...be nice but not a chance..

Gunk

Guru
I used to be car mad and in my ‘30’s I was lucky enough to have owned a couple of 911’s and my company car was always either a BMW or Mercedes.

These days I have very little interest, new cars leave me completely cold. I like my 2015 Golf GTD as it’s a very nice car, but have no real passion for it, driving these days is a thoroughly unpleasant experience. My only motoring pleasure is riding my aged Honda Fireblade very early mornings in the summer.

I get more pleasure from cycling these days. Perhaps it’s just that I’m getting older, less materialistic, and looking for simpler pleasures in life.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
At the risk of being thought of as a grammar nazi, do you mean implies rather than infers? :giggle:
Infer is fine in the context.
I dislike grocers' apostrophes, but they have an immeasurably tiny effect on the environment, especially when compared with cars.

AndyRM

XOXO
I hate cars so much that I crashed ours a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't a particularly bad crash, but it broke the poor fragile thing.

Anyone is free to disagree with the consent given to retail parks, but the town planners who gave that consent cannot fairly be described as short sighted.
I think they can, they destroyed town centres. All because once you have a car you can't be bothered to walk a hundred yards to the shop. Car driver equals bone idol once they get into car, cyclist or not. Car drivers would rather travel 20 miles to out of town supermarket rather than 5 miles to one that hasn't got a carpark immediately outside the door. Even though there is a carpark a couple of hundred yards away. Worse still is the extraordinary inconsiderate parking. I want to go into that shop so I will park outside it and block the road. Death to car drivers!

icowden

Veteran
Even with the event of so called clean electric/hibrid car's, the problems of parking/congestion and expensive repairs will be worse than ever.

Hmmmm..... I don't think so.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/06/1...enance-guide-costs-even-lower-than-i-thought/

Pure EVs are *much* lower maintenance than ICE cars. Regenerative braking means brakes last longer. There is no oil to change. Tyre management is better. Maintenance of a Model 3 is 75% cheaper than a similar size ICE car. Once we get to full level 5 autonomous driving you won't need to park. The car can trundle off, and come back for you later. Autonomous cars reduce congestion as they all know where they are and can plan accordingly. They can also drive closer together as they require almost no reaction time compared to a human.

From the sounds of your car though, you;'ll need one of these...

https://www.tesla.com/en_gb/cybertruck

Drago

Legendary Member
According to my Tesla S owning neighbour tyre wear is not "better". The weight and torque make the tyres work rather hard for their keep.

And even if they were cheaper in that regard, it costs half as much again as a comparable spec M5, and that buys vast amounts of tyres. If you're buying a tesla thinking youre going to save any money you've lost that the moment your wallet comes out in the showroom.

Would you be ok to be bogged down in

Would you be ok to be bogged down in
on the bike?

If so get rid of the car.

Attachments

• IMG_20200116_135007_6.jpg
    IMG_20200116_135007_6.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom