I kissed a girl..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
bonj said:
should do a sportive
they're like a race but not as 'full-on' (so i gather)
Pretty much - everyone is a winner! Sometimes clubs will enter en masse and treat it as a fast ride with a very organised race speed chain gang.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Bonj, you doing the Great Notts Bike ride sportive? Ill probably be doing it again, only 75 miles though i think, maybe abit more, but its not bad.
You dont need a licence for them, when i did GNBR last year(so called 100 miles, but it was 85miles i think, classed as a sportive) they didnt ask you for a racing licence.
Main problem with road races is i would have to use gears though ofcourse, and i dont really like looking like a poncey roadie with gears;)

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Bonj, you doing the Great Notts Bike ride sportive? Ill probably be doing it again, only 75 miles though i think, maybe abit more, but its not bad.
You dont need a licence for them, when i did GNBR last year(so called 100 miles, but it was 85miles i think, classed as a sportive) they didnt ask you for a racing licence.
Main problem with road races is i would have to use gears though ofcourse, and i dont really like looking like a poncey roadie with gears;)

yeah i'll do that, when is it?

bonj2

montage said:
Where is the nearest track to nottingham? :S

Dave ever been to Calshot's track? If so what do you make of it?

forest town in mansfield apparently according to Joe.
but I'm not sure whether it actually IS a cycling track or just something that joe thinks is a cycling track..;)

Dave5N

Über Member
Forest Town.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Dave5N said:
Calshot's great. Short and tight. Try an outdoor track if you can. Less to worry about.

I loved calshot....somewhere like the mountbatten centre doesn't really have the same appeal :S

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Eat MY Dust said:
What was that for? You asked a question and I answered it.
It was a wooo/wooot/woop in delight that I would not have to fork out £70 odd for a licsense for sportives.

Top Bottom