I often say drivers should film bad cyclists...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
BigSteev said:
I notice that he has now added a comment in reply and *shock horror* it doesn't seem to have descended into a free-for-all abuse session. How refreshing.

I love how he has that many comments on the video ;):biggrin: All seem to be correcting him!

He seems to have backed down a bit from the video "I am sure there is no compulsion to use them". His video seems very sure that the cyclist should be on the shared path.

Glad to see it's all a reasonable discussion too!

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
just jim said:
I think the prosecution should rest - with a Valium.

;) Love it!! :biggrin:

irontam

I was cycling down to the Bike Station (Newington, Edinburgh) on Saturday. Pulled up at a red light and a student went around me, RLJ-ing through the green man too.

Caught up with her at the Bike Station, and when I asked why she had jumped the lights, she said she had the right of way, someone had told her 'cyclists can go through on the green man'.

Brilliant.

I coughed down a laugh and informed her no. That Cyclists were subject to the highway code, which maybe she should read.

Afterwards the thought struck me, do kids not do Cycling Proficiency at school any more?

thomas

the tank engine
irontam said:
Afterwards the thought struck me, do kids not do Cycling Proficiency at school any more?

No one does. It's bike ability now.

Cycling proficiency wasn't really that useful anyway. The lady who ran it looked like she could do with going for a bike ride :rofl:....one girl in the class knocked her wing mirror (obviously in the dooring zone :becool:).

irontam said:
I was cycling down to the Bike Station (Newington, Edinburgh) on Saturday. Pulled up at a red light and a student went around me, RLJ-ing through the green man too.

Caught up with her at the Bike Station, and when I asked why she had jumped the lights, she said she had the right of way, someone had told her 'cyclists can go through on the green man'.

Brilliant.

I coughed down a laugh and informed her no. That Cyclists were subject to the highway code, which maybe she should read.

A couple of guys I worked with in the past (both retired now) are working on Cycle Proficiency or whatever its called these days. They go round the schools etc teaching the kids. The interesting thing is that niether of them ever rode bikes prior to getting the job!

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
When I was a lad at school we had two gents doing cycling prof. One was a teacher who cycled everyday and iirc (though it was a very long time ago:blush:) the other was a retired policeman.

Modern cycle training is pretty sporadic I understand. Email/phone your council and they'll tell you if the local schools have training. I think they're crying out for instructors too.

Top Bottom