I think I may have killed a driver...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
You've taken long enough to come to that conclusion. Same goes for the amber gambler bollocks Col was talking right at the beginning.

I've plonked him now.

How unexpected:laugh:Even after i admitted i was wrong about the amber,even though i think it is a dangerous thing to do still,albeit not illegal.
I notice you didnt want to answer either:biggrin:

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Rhythm Thief said:
But a) he may well have had a good look and decided it was safe to rlj in this instance, just as many people on bikes do every day (and some people on this forum use that very argument to justify it)
I know cyclists do use this "argument", but basically it's because they're too lazy to stop and are, essentially, idiots IMO. The junction in question (assuming you were being serious about him judging it to be safe...) is probably one of the worst junctions to do this. Visibility is good, I'll grant you, but as "our" lights turn Amber there is absolutely minimal delay before the "other" (crossing traffic) lights start to change - it's very close!!! Running a red from "our" side means it is most definitely on Green (or in the last few milliseconds of Red/Amber) on the other side.

...and :biggrin: you're not going to change his mind by making the self-gratification artist sign at him and shaking your head. All he would have thought afterwards is "what was that dickhead on the bike on about?" (no disrespect intended). Sorry.
No apology required - I can see your point, however the initial action was a simple shaking of my head and clapping. He then passed me shouting and beeping and hurling abuse. At this point I shouted "Try stopping at the red light then!!" (or similar, but there was no swearing on my part) and as he started gesticulating I did, indeed, think he was a complete w*nker for his reaction and let him know that too.

He knew what he did was wrong, he then knew he had been seen doing it by me from my applause and shaking of my head. He then went ballistic, I suppose, to divert any blame and/or feeling of wrong doing away from himself in front of his passenger.

He may or may not adjust his behaviour because of this altercation, but one thing is certain; he wouldn't alter it if no-one said anything and he thought he had gotten away with it unnoticed.

Who's round is it?? Mine's a pint of Lager, please... :sad:;)

Top Bottom