I think I may have killed a driver...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I suppose by the same logic you're using that the hijackers who hit the Twin Towers didn't do anything to me, so I've no business being outraged by their actions.

Errr, think I'll give that logic a wide berth. :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Cab said:
Ahh, yes, the 'lets be passive and the idiots won't hurt us' approach.
I had a guy threaten to kick the shoot out of me after I said "Thank you" because he hadn't pulled out of a side road in front of me (he thought I'd said "f--- you", for some reason). He had four mates in his car too.

I don't take the chance any more. Fair play to those of you who do point out light jumping etc, but chances are these dunces know they're breaking traffic law (as they do when they speed) they just don't give a toss, and neither does the law. The latter seems to apply if things get a bit tasty afterwards too.

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Errr, I didn't jump the red light.

There was no way I could have stopped in time and safely... what part of that don't you get?

I didnt say you jumped red,YOU said you went through on amber?I wonder why you couldnt stop safely,when you said you knew the timing?

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I hear you, JTM. Yes, it could go pear shaped very quickly, but I simply can't bight my tongue.

Red head, firey temper... what can you do?? :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I suppose by the same logic you're using that the hijackers who hit the Twin Towers didn't do anything to me, so I've no business being outraged by their actions.

Errr, think I'll give that logic a wide berth. :biggrin:

Strange logic you have there indeed.I would if i were you too;)

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
col said:
I didnt say you jumped red,YOU said you went through on amber?I wonder why you couldnt stop safely,when you said you knew the timing?
Oh. My. God.

An ASL is about 8 foot long (I'm guessing) - as I said later I usually make it through without it changing, hence me knowing that I need to go at a fair lick to be able to do this.

I must have been a bit slower today as when I entered the ASL it changed. I'd love to see you brake from about 15mph to a stop in about 8 feet of tarmac which precedes an 'S' bend type road layout... not to mention that the people behind you probably wouldn't be expecting it... and as I'm in Primary (don't want people overtaking me here!!) I'm pretty much guaranteed to be wiped out....

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
col said:
I didnt say you jumped red,
Actually you did: "added to the fact that the car was a second behind what he had just done himself.".. now I said the car jumped red, so by your statement you're saying that I did too.

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I didn't have you down as a troll, Col... maybe I need to adjust my thinking on that one. :biggrin:

Why namecall because i have a different opinion?

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Actually you did: "added to the fact that the car was a second behind what he had just done himself.".. now I said the car jumped red, so by your statement you're saying that I did too.

I can see the minutely rip to bits anything game starting.If you feel its ok to go through on amber then fine,i personally wouldnt on a bike,I didnt say you jumped red,but in my opinion,amber can be just as dangerous on a bike.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Col, either you're being a troll here, or just very stupid. Go and read the highway code on traffic lights. Your opinion on Sharky having illegally jumped amber is utterly utterly wrong.

Your opinion on his wisdom of winding up the driver is different, and whilst I don't agree with it, I can respect your position.

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Oh. My. God.

An ASL is about 8 foot long (I'm guessing) - as I said later I usually make it through without it changing, hence me knowing that I need to go at a fair lick to be able to do this.

I must have been a bit slower today as when I entered the ASL it changed. I'd love to see you brake from about 15mph to a stop in about 8 feet of tarmac which precedes an 'S' bend type road layout... not to mention that the people behind you probably wouldn't be expecting it... and as I'm in Primary (don't want people overtaking me here!!) I'm pretty much guaranteed to be wiped out....

So your willing to take the risk of the lights changing just as you get there?What would you have done if you were one second later and it had gone red?

Cab

col said:
Whats passive about not inflaming a situation?Or are we as cyclists allowed to do things,but a car cant or they are crap drivers and the idiots might hurt us?

Not inflaming the situation? The motoris was aggressive in response to harmles behaviour. Just being on the road with that kind of person inflames the situation; what are you going to do, dismount and walk everywhere because, just rarely, you meet an a$$hole on the roads?

Cab

col said:
So your willing to take the risk of the lights changing just as you get there?What would you have done if you were one second later and it had gone red?

The great thing about amber lights is that they're there to allow you to make a judgement call; stop if its safe to stop, don't stop if for whatever reason to do so is not safe. If you arrive at the lights a bit later then they've been amber for a few moments and you'll have slowed down, if you're not slowing down and not through before they've turned red then you've got it wrong.

Are you seriously saying that there are no circumstances in which you end up going through at amber? If not, you're probably being too tentative with green lights.

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
Col, either you're being a troll here, or just very stupid. Go and read the highway code on traffic lights. Your opinion on Sharky having illegally jumped amber is utterly utterly wrong.

Your opinion on his wisdom of winding up the driver is different, and whilst I don't agree with it, I can respect your position.

My main concern was the way he caused the reaction,not just going through on amber.Im saying it was dangerous in itself to go through on amber on his bike,if you think that is stupid,then so be it.

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
The great thing about amber lights is that they're there to allow you to make a judgement call; stop if its safe to stop, don't stop if for whatever reason to do so is not safe. If you arrive at the lights a bit later then they've been amber for a few moments and you'll have slowed down, if you're not slowing down and not through before they've turned red then you've got it wrong.

Are you seriously saying that there are no circumstances in which you end up going through at amber? If not, you're probably being too tentative with green lights.

No,im saying its dangerous to carry on on amber on a bike,he even says he was a bit later than usual,so what would he have done if it had turned red,and as he says wouldnt have stood a chance of stopping?

Top Bottom