I think I may have killed a driver...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
col said:
Instead of racing through amber and then purposely winding up others who followed you through.?And then seemingly likeing the fact that the driver could have a heart attack because of your nasty behaviour,
:biggrin:
Lighten up, Col. There was absolutely no way I could stop safely when the light turned Amber. I was just entering the ASL when it changed, I was doing about 15mph (having eased off from a peak of about 24 ready for the 'S' bend in the road) and braking for the turn but there's no way it would be safe to slam on there... are you mad???

<sarcasm>
"Seemingly liking the fact the driver could have had a heart attack"... yeah, it was all very serious and I was goading him particularly to see if I could kill him.
</sarcasm>

He could have stopped quite safely, but didn't. He chose to jump the red and I made my feelings known - if he chooses to get wound up for someone not approving of his stupid actions then more fool him. :ohmy:

Good story it made me laugh :biggrin:

I was a little bit naughty on Saturday some woman in her black WV golf cut me up at a roundabout and bullied some other cars out of the way in an attempt to get through the lights at the next juction. Give her due she did manage to stop when the changed to red, right across the ASL. So I just cruised past her into the ASL. Before the lights went to green, still on amber, she was peeping, I just laughed.

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
:biggrin:
Lighten up, Col. There was absolutely no way I could stop safely when the light turned Amber. I was just entering the ASL when it changed, I was doing about 15mph (having eased off from a peak of about 24 ready for the 'S' bend in the road) and braking for the turn but there's no way it would be safe to slam on there... are you mad???

<sarcasm>
"Seemingly liking the fact the driver could have had a heart attack"... yeah, it was all very serious and I was goading him particularly to see if I could kill him.
</sarcasm>

He could have stopped quite safely, but didn't. He chose to jump the red and I made my feelings known - if he chooses to get wound up for someone not approving of his stupid actions then more fool him. :ohmy:

Because of the way you goaded,insinuated he was a self-gratification artist,and said he needed to pass a test or something,what was it you were trying to do?Did he cause you any danger,why would you think its up to you to inflame a situation so you could make your feelings known?This was something i was trying to find out in a thread some time ago,why did you feel the need to do this?And to what end?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
TBH Col, regardless of vehicle, if you're going at traffic speeds and you reach the ASL on amber, I don't think you could stop without ending up in the middle of the road.

I don't like winding drivers up though - when it comes to it, they have 3 tons of metal at their disposal, and as is shown far too frequently on the roads, little idea of how dangerous it can be.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
col said:
Because of the way you goaded,insinuated he was a self-gratification artist,and said he needed to pass a test or something,what was it you were trying to do?
He passed as I was clapping and shaking my head - he started the verbal and the gesticulating, I merely returned the favour and pointed out why I was applauding his driving.

Did he cause you any danger,why would you think its up to you to inflame a situation so you could make your feelings known?
No, you're right - he didn't endanger me, so that's okay. No need to be bothered as long as I'm not involved. Yes siree, as long as he doesn't kill me with his crap driving I'll let it slide. :biggrin:

This was something i was trying to find out in a thread some time ago,why did you feel the need to do this?And to what end?
No end as such, just thought I'd let him know I'd seen him and that it wasn't acceptable.

Do you turn a blind eye to everything that doesn't 'absolutely directly' affect you? :ohmy:

col

Legendary Member
John the Monkey said:
TBH Col, regardless of vehicle, if you're going at traffic speeds and you reach the ASL on amber, I don't think you could stop without ending up in the middle of the road.

I don't like winding drivers up though - when it comes to it, they have 3 tons of metal at their disposal, and as is shown far too frequently on the roads, little idea of how dangerous it can be.

Im curious as to why he felt the need to cause upset to another driver,who it seems had nothing to do with him,until he started "letting them know his feelings"?That they jumped the lights,and why,when this driver had done nothing to him,did he seem to find it funny that he was obviously very wound up,added to the fact that the car was a second behind what he had just done himself.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Errr, I didn't jump the red light.

There was no way I could have stopped in time and safely... what part of that don't you get?

Cab

col said:
Because of the way you goaded,insinuated he was a self-gratification artist,and said he needed to pass a test or something,what was it you were trying to do?Did he cause you any danger,why would you think its up to you to inflame a situation so you could make your feelings known?This was something i was trying to find out in a thread some time ago,why did you feel the need to do this?And to what end?

Ahh, yes, the 'lets be passive and the idiots won't hurt us' approach.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Don't tell 'em they're in the wrong, they won't know.

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
He passed as I was clapping and shaking my head - he started the verbal and the gesticulating, I merely returned the favour and pointed out why I was applauding his driving.

It hadnt occured to you that your sarcastic clapping and nodding caused him to react?Im sure you knew what you were doing.

No, you're right - he didn't endanger me, so that's okay. No need to be bothered as long as I'm not involved. Yes siree, as long as he doesn't kill me with his crap driving I'll let it slide. :biggrin:

so you going through lights on amber is ok then,but a car following you is crap driving.

No end as such, just thought I'd let him know I'd seen him and that it wasn't acceptable.

Of course you didnt really want to annoy him at all did you?

Do you turn a blind eye to everything that doesn't 'absolutely directly' affect you? :ohmy:

Depends what it is,but i wont have a go at upsetting people because they do something similar to me.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
col said:
Depends what it is,but i wont have a go at upsetting people because they do something similar to me.
I'll make this as plain as I can for you...

The light turned to AMBER when I got to the start of the ASL slowing from about 15mph. Maybe I was a tad slower than other times, usually I get through the lights without seeing them change (but know when they do as I have glanced back and can see the light at the 'other' side)

The three cars followed me.

The FIRST one MAY have had justification for not stopping, it would be a very close call as he should have been far enough behind me to be able to stop safely

The SECOND and THIRD cars must have gone through on RED.

Can you see the difference now? AMBER / RED, different.

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
Ahh, yes, the 'lets be passive and the idiots won't hurt us' approach.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Don't tell 'em they're in the wrong, they won't know.

Whats passive about not inflaming a situation?Or are we as cyclists allowed to do things,but a car cant or they are crap drivers and the idiots might hurt us?

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I'll make this as plain as I can for you...

The light turned to AMBER when I got to the start of the ASL slowing from about 15mph. Maybe I was a tad slower than other times, usually I get through the lights without seeing them change (but know when they do as I have glanced back and can see the light at the 'other' side)

The three cars followed me.

The FIRST one MAY have had justification for not stopping, it would be a very close call as he should have been far enough behind me to be able to stop safely

The SECOND and THIRD cars must have gone through on RED.

Can you see the difference now? AMBER / RED, different.

The difference is that you knew you were cutting it tight,but decided to "let your feelings known"to someone who hadnt done anything to you?I just wonder why?

Top Bottom