I want a big enough saddle bag for a flask, butties and spare clothes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm thinking about joining Blackburn CTC I went out with them last Sunday.taking in a lunch and tea stop. I'm not being tight but i don't want to pay 10 quid in two cafe stops when i prefer my own tea/coffee and food. Most of the other riders also seem to take their own food as only a few went into the cafe. I want a decent saddle bag,with enough room for the above and a few extras. I don't want panniers as i think they'll be too big for what i need. Any suggestions for a good sized saddle bag?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'd prefer a saddle bag to a handlebar or top tube bag. Leather would be nice but i bet it's expensive?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Tiny backpack. You won't even notice it's there, and it's way more flexible (and cheaper) than something clamped to the bike.

Big enough to carry my flask and butties though?:okay:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
No problem.
big backpack.jpg.png

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have a carradice Barley for such usage. The right size for long days out/ night rides etc. Side pockets hold tools and stuff you need to keep handy. The main compartment is big enough for waterproofs, spare layers, lock, flask etc. You can also use the lid buckles to strap on a dry bag or other odds and sods if needed.
The bagman qr support gives stability and removal flexibility if you need it and is readily fitted to the bike. I'll try and get a photo later.
By the way, they are waterproof and last forever!

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Either don't ride with guys who do two cafe stops or open your wallet.

Lol that's what I was thinking !

Spends all that money on a new bike & then begrudges paying a tenner for a cuppa & piece of cake & in turn supporting a local business , I bet that they're well pleased when they turn up & all get there own food & drink out !

Top Bottom