I was asked to leave a weighloss club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Any organisation still working with imperial weight measures in 2015 deserves to be treated with suspicion:sad:.
People like lbs rather than kg. I have lost 31lbs this year and mightily chuffed about it. 14kg just doesn't sound as much of an achievement to me. However, now I think about it, 1 more kg and I will have lost the weight of both my bikes (without saddlebags or pedals)

Think you were asked to leave because you foiled her weight gain plan...
There is always one that would nt play the game.:smile:

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
People like lbs rather than kg. I have lost 31lbs this year and mightily chuffed about it. 14kg just doesn't sound as much of an achievement to me. However, now I think about it, 1 more kg and I will have lost the weight of both my bikes (without saddlebags or pedals)

Some people like to measure physical exertion metrically; a 5k run sounds more impressive than a 3-mile run. Yet the same people will measure distance covered by car or other motor transport in miles.

GC

I asked the barman for 568ml of Guinness and he replied that he didn't have any glasses in that size but could sell me a pint if that was okay.
That Michael O'Leary, the Ryanaire boss, came into my pub for a pint of Guinness once. I said that will be £1.50. He said 'That is very cheap'. I said 'Yes. Now would you also like a glass with that...?'

I am not mentioning names here but I went off to one, with my neighbour, this morning - getting prepared for maintenance in 12lbs.
Anyway, as I know my scales are bob on (they are I have checked with the gym and the ones at the doctors), I weighed this morning properly and then again with jeans and a tee shirt on and made a note.

Off we went on the 20 minute walk to the slimming club, Annie and I. I made sure that I didn't neck a litre of water or anything.

At the club, she introduced me to the woman running it, we paid and then woman person said to get on the scales, so I did and was shocked. I said to the leader woman "Oh my word, I've put on 10lbs, how the hell did that happen?" she was very sympathetic and said that bad eating habits mean that weight just creeps on and how it could be time of the month yada yada yada. I told her that I hadn't had a time of the month for 5+ years so doubted it was that causing the sudden weight gain and asked if her scales were telling the absolute truth. Slimming club woman asked when I last weighed as I seemed so sure of my sudden weight gain. She was not happy when I said 30 minutes ago on perfectly well calibrated doctor's scales. She refunded my money and asked me to leave and not come back again.
Annie came with me as she had had a sneaking suspicion that she was lighter than slimming club said as she was 10lb lighter at the doctors, at the gym and at home.

I have sent an email to 'head office', as has Annie. Not right impressed with slimming clubs if this is how they carry on nowadays.
Shock horror, a commercial venture tries to 'con' money out of a punter, by engineering a problem to solve, which actually doesn't exist :laugh:. That is pretty much par for the course these days, I'm afraid.

Top Bottom