I wasn't expecting that!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Lots of reasons came into my head this morning about why I shouldn't cycle to work but I thought don't be soft and get it done. :okay:

I usually hit anywhere between 35 and 40 mph on this particular downhill section that has a very sharp turn at the bottom but you are looking to carry a bit of momentum in to the hill on the other side.

Wasn't really expecting that tree to be there and due to my speed and wet conditions, the back wheel locked when I tried to break and I ploughed straight into that mess. :eek:

Quite sore now as I came down on my left side so my leg and shoulder took the impact but the usual array of burst lip and black eye to show for my efforts. My left leg refuses to bend now so can't even get in a car let alone drive one and yes, I think the bikes fine. :becool:

vickster

Legendary Member
Lots of reasons came into my head this morning about why I shouldn't cycle to work but I thought don't be soft and get it done. :okay:

I usually hit anywhere between 35 and 40 mph on this particular downhill section that has a very sharp turn at the bottom but you are looking to carry a bit of momentum in to the hill on the other side.

Wasn't really expecting that tree to be there and due to my speed and wet conditions, the back wheel locked when I tried to break and I ploughed straight into that mess. :eek:

Quite sore now as I came down on my left side so my leg and shoulder took the impact but the usual array of burst lip and black eye to show for my efforts. My left leg refuses to bend now so can't even get in a car let alone drive one and yes, I think the bikes fine. :becool:

Get checked out at A&E asap for breaks due to a locked brake ;) A non bending knee can be extremely serious

My much less dramatic crash a month ago has caused partially torn ligaments, torn cartilage, severe bruising/haematoma in my knee/leg/ankle and I still need to get my shoulder checked as I can't now lift my arm to the side :wacko:

Perhaps slow down on steep hills in the wet in future
wink.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Get checked out at A&E asap for breaks due to a locked brake ;) A non bending knee can be extremely serious

My much less dramatic crash a month ago has caused partially torn ligaments, torn cartilage, severe bruising/haematoma in my knee/leg/ankle and I still need to get my shoulder checked as I can't now lift my arm to the side :wacko:

Perhaps slow down on steep hills in the wet in future View attachment 543872
Don't think it's my knee, seems to be more quads as I can put weight on it just won't bend.

Your advice regarding speed is not wrong and will definitely be heeded. :okay:

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru

Perhaps slow down on steep hills in the wet in future View attachment 543872
Also, sorry to hear of your woes, sounds like a bit of a nightmare.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
You should branch out and visit A+E. It's not far off 7yrs since I had a speedy OTB crash featuring another rider, A&E is where I ended up the day after then off work for 4 months with a mangled shoulder (still hurts today)

Top Bottom