I wasn't expecting that!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hopefully I'm not wasting anyone's time but decided to go to A&E now.

Just in case. :okay:
It’s what it’s there for and it won’t be as busy while the GPs are open. That says I did have to wait ages for X-ray despite being scraped up by an ambulance (it was a Sunday). I was in and out within 4 hours :whistle:
Urgent care or minor injuries might be more appropriate than full blown A&E

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I was talking to an ambulance driver a few days ago.

He said A&E had been much quieter since Covid, so hopefully you won't have hours to wait.
Seems to be much the same here. There is only 4 people in the waiting room and I've been assessed already.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
It’s what it’s there for and it won’t be as busy while the GPs are open. That says I did have to wait ages for X-ray despite being scraped up by an ambulance (it was a Sunday). I was in and out within 4 hours :whistle:
Urgent care or minor injuries might be more appropriate than full blown A&E
Getting an xray as you suggested they suspect the tendon has separated from the knee. :eek:

vickster

Legendary Member
Getting an xray as you suggested they suspect the tendon has separated from the knee. :eek:
Oh no....hope you’ve no plans for the next few months as it might need emergency surgery and a big rehab...:ohmy:

Last edited:

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Sorry to read this Slick, hope it’s nothing too serious and you’ll be back on that beauty soon - good luck and please keep us posted :okay:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Oh bugger, I hope you heal well and reasonably quickly.

On the plus side, I can suggest an excellent foster home for your bike :smile:

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru

They wanted to keep me in but I managed to negotiate my release and will go for surgery either tomorrow or over the weekend. Can't wait.

Top Bottom