Ian May rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I'm sorry to say the bar tape and saddle will be brown as I already have them :laugh:

I popped the shifters on this afternoon ^_^ I'm quite confident I haven't got the many washers in the right order so if anyone could point me the direction of an assembly diagram that would be jolly handy :laugh:

20190602_175426.jpg
20190602_175451.jpg

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Shimano rat traps

Ah yes, the pedals... This is where I'm going to upset some people so I'm leaving them until last :whistle::laugh:

Great info, thanks for sharing :okay: The asymmetry takes some getting used to :laugh: The rear seems to be 8 speed, I'm currently trying to work out how easy it will be to convert to 7 speed, otherwise I'll convert it to friction which should be fairly straight forward :okay: The Sachs 7 speed freewheel I have should have 5.0mm spacing which is what Campagnolo 8-speed appears to have so it might just work with an extra unused click to eliminate with the mech limit screws... Seems too easy so I'll believe it when I see it :laugh:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I picked up a cheap Zefal classic bottle cage too.

I'm after some of those myself. Very pretty.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I collected a parcel today with some goodies in :okay:

Firstly a vinyl chainstay protector which I have struggled to take a good photo of :laugh:

20190604_222603.jpg
20190604_222614.jpg

Next up some tyres; Michelin "dynamic classic", 700x23. They were cheap and I liked the tan sidewall :shy:

20190604_225239.jpg

This brings me to a question I thought I'd ask - the rims in the background will be built on to the campagnolo chorus hubs. They are brand new mavic Open Elites (on sale haha) and have just the single black decal on each rim. Should I keep the decal on, or try and remove it and have plain silver rims? My preference would be plain I think but i'm not 100% sure yet. I'm guessing they'll come off fairly easily but haven't tried yet :laugh:

Anyway, also completed this evening was to fit the brake cables, brake blocks and finish off the bar tape ^_^

20190604_225015.jpg
20190604_224953.jpg

She's almost a whole bicycle now :ohmy::tongue:

carpenter

Über Member
Looking like the dogs bits (in a very nice way). Must admit that I wasn't sure about your painting the entire lug cream - I didn't think it looked right in isolation, but as a complete unit it really works.
I would keep the wheel decals though :smile:

Top Bottom