Ian May rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I’ve got a couple frames that I want to spray and your posts are very inspirational.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing your project threads in the near future :okay::becool:

Two more in-fills done, 2 to go...

20190526_204838.jpg

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I'm getting a bit more cocky with the paint now, last 2 in-fills done. I'll wait a few hours then degrease and lacquer :okay::becool:

20190526_210818.jpg

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Decided it didn't need any more lacquer so I've popped the forks in and hung her up out of the way. I'm away for a few days on a training course now, really pleased to have got the painting finished before I go as it gives it some time to cure before I go any further :okay:

20190527_133159.jpg
20190527_133151.jpg

The rims behind her are mavic open elite's that I'll be lacing to the Chorus hubs at some point :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Looks really good, liking the colour scheme, if you don't mind me asking what are your thoughts on the eBay decals? I have them saved on my ebay list but have yet to order a set,
Thanks

I have nothing to compare them with regards accuracy but quality wise they were good. Easy to apply and the vinyl is quite thin so not too pronounced once lacquered :okay:

Thanks all again for the comments, I am indeed rather pleased with my efforts and look forward to building her up over the coming weeks :okay:^_^

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I have nothing to compare them with regards accuracy but quality wise they were good. Easy to apply and the vinyl is quite thin so not too pronounced once lacquered :okay:

Thanks all again for the comments, I am indeed rather pleased with my efforts and look forward to building her up over the coming weeks :okay:^_^
If the rest of the bike keeps up to the standard of the frame, it will look quite spectacular! Looking forward to seeing it completed :smile:

Leaway2

Lycrist
Only time will tell but I'll update later one way or another :laugh: If it's gone well I'll start masking up the frame until the forks are dry enough to fit the Reynolds decals then laquer :becool: For some reason I was sent two sets of decals, both on different layout backing sheets but otherwise apparently identical...

View attachment 468047
At least it means I get another shot at messing the forks up :laugh:

You'll just have to buy another frame/forks!

Top Bottom