ice Cream Prices .......do you think they are a rip off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I'll have a Flake 99 please. ;)

Am I being paranoid is everyone talking about me?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well if one visits upmarket swanky destinations, one must surely be prepared to pay a premium?
Out of interest....when did you last visit New Brighton.
What they have done is fantastic. It was crowded. Free bands playing. Lots of coffee houses and restaurants with out door seating (all full). We had the best day out for years and will be going back

T4tomo

Legendary Member
NEW Brighton, what has happened to the old one? Has it been wiped out or just off the Map to help Southern Trains meet their punctuality figures?

U

User32269

Out of interest....when did you last visit New Brighton.
What they have done is fantastic. It was crowded. Free bands playing. Lots of coffee houses and restaurants with out door seating (all full). We had the best day out for years and will be going back
Was only joking. Take the kids a lot. They love the mini golf and scooters out down the sea front. Looks well better now. I miss the open air baths (showing my age)

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Was only joking. Take the kids a lot. They love the mini golf and scooters out down the sea front. Looks well better now. I miss the open air baths (showing my age)
Where do you live ?
I was born & lived in Wallasey/New Brighton before getting married in '68 and emigrating to Warrington.

U

User32269

O
Where do you live ?
I was born & lived in Wallasey/New Brighton before getting married in '68 and emigrating to Warrington.
Over the river. We used to get ferry over to New Brighton baths, stay all day, then eat our body weight in chips when we were kids.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
NEW Brighton, what has happened to the old one? Has it been wiped out or just off the Map to help Southern Trains meet their punctuality figures?
The "old Brighton" is still there. Its called Brighton. A weathy guy loved Brighton so much he ploughed his money into an area on the Wirral and called it......New Brighton.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
O

Over the river. We used to get ferry over to New Brighton baths, stay all day, then eat our body weight in chips when we were kids.
I have to ask......what age bracket are you in ?
I am 69 and got LOTS of sunburn in the baths as a lad.
Do you remember the Derby baths.....also open air and a few miles up the coast.....sadly also gone.

U

User32269

I have to ask......what age bracket are you in ?
I am 69 and got LOTS of sunburn in the baths as a lad.
Do you remember the Derby baths.....also open air and a few miles up the coast.....sadly also gone.
I'm 50. Used to go to Rock Ferry, was open air one with a couple of pools if I remember correctly?
My kids love New Brighton now, but would be great to have the baths back. Don't know if it's because I was a kid, but I remember it as being huge! I was taken to hospital after doing a back flop from the high diving board! Can still hear the noise I made hitting the water and shudder!
Edit: or could have been New Ferry baths?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm 50. Used to go to Rock Ferry, was open air one with a couple of pools if I remember correctly?
My kids love New Brighton now, but would be great to have the baths back. Don't know if it's because I was a kid, but I remember it as being huge! I was taken to hospital after doing a back flop from the high diving board! Can still hear the noise I made hitting the water and shudder!
Edit: or could have been New Ferry baths?
Just yesterday I was telling someone about the diving board. There used to be a famous one legged diver who went from the top board.
I went to the top...just once....looked down and climbed back down the steps.

Top Bottom