ice Cream Prices .......do you think they are a rip off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Bought two outside a local garden centre. No price on display. Got cones. £2.50 each. Wouldn't have got them if known price.
Bought two in Sorrento about 10 years they came to about 18 Euros maybe more. It was nice but nearly £20 .

potsy

Rambler
Last one I bought cost me £2, well worth it during a hot ride :heat:

img_1922-1-jpg.125613.jpg

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I dont think they are a rip off, but I think a lot of vendors, especially ones around more touristy areas do give their icecream a much higher mark up then whats seen as acceptable to the natives. I could walk into my local Icelands and buy a 1ltr tub of ice cream for £1 though if i want something that tastes less synthetic I could go up to £2.50 or £3.00 for a 2ltr tub.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I dont think they are a rip off, but I think a lot of vendors, especially ones around more touristy areas do give their icecream a much higher mark up then whats seen as acceptable to the natives. I could walk into my local Icelands and buy a 1ltr tub of ice cream for £1 though if i want something that tastes less synthetic I could go up to £2.50 or £3.00 for a 2ltr tub.

I guess it's the same in most places, but around here the best static pitches are licenced off by the council every couple of years and they (reportedly) go for big money, which is inevitably passed on in the prices. As a consequence we've got some popular pitches in with vans on that come from over 30 miles away every day.
There must be huge profit margins to make that worth it.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I guess it's the same in most places, but around here the best static pitches are licenced off by the council every couple of years and they (reportedly) go for big money, which is inevitably passed on in the prices. As a consequence we've got some popular pitches in with vans on that come from over 30 miles away every day.
There must be huge profit margins to make that worth it.
Huge gross margins, but once you've paid for the fuel and the pitch the net margins are probably pretty thin.

I have just returned home with a large carton of ice-cream, toffee sauce, packet of munchies and packet of milky bar buttons :hungry:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
For the record - £2.50 for a single vanilla cone with a flake at the Tower of London today, and the same price outside City Hall. Seems quite good value compared with £9 for a visit to the Tower Bridge exhibition and £25 (£25!) to get into the Tower of London.
And I remember when half a crown was only 2/6d. How many crowns do you get for £25?

U

User32269

I have just returned home with a large carton of ice-cream, toffee sauce, packet of munchies and packet of milky bar buttons :hungry:
Your gonna struggle getting that lot in the deep fat fryer.

Top Bottom