Ice on the road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well that answers my query. I was due for a 20 miler tomorrow and was just discussing the sense/danger etc when I saw this post. I hear my excercise bike calling :smile:
I (and my wife) thank you for this post.

Bloke at work came off his bike and it ran him over with the snow tyres on, poor chap:

latest?cb=20121021142830

Attachments

• latest?cb=20121021142830
    latest?cb=20121021142830
    70.7 KB · Views: 40

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Used to hope for the best when it was icy then I visited someone in the hip fracture ward.The screams from grown men undergoing physio made me think is it worth it.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Well after this morning slogging through foot deep mud, I now remember why I stopped bothering 5 years ago. I think I was too optimistic with my route, when I finally got on solid ground it was fine, but the swampy mud was no fun at all.

Used to hope for the best when it was icy then I visited someone in the hip fracture ward.The screams from grown men undergoing physio made me think is it worth it.

Totally OT...

There are people who would pay for such a service

You mean like the BUPA patients?:whistle:.

My biggest pain in the arse....

Patients who see a consultant privately then expect all the tests and scans on the NHS before seeing the consultant again privately

Sorry -but you are either one or the other, you cannot dip in and out when it suits

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not if it is frozen solid!

I'm nervous about a 100 km ride I have planned for tomorrow. I like hills and lanes but I had better avoid them and stick to busier valley roads which should have been gritted and kept clear.
Littgull and I have seen sense! We have postponed our ride until the threat of ice has receded. I'm going out dog walking instead.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've decided to call off tomorrow's ride. Snow and minus temperatures forecast. I bet it won't be all that bad, but I'm not risking it. I've had one off recently, I don't want another. And I wouldn't mind a lie in if I'm honest with myself.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I wimped out of today's group ride but they all stayed upright so I'm not sure that was the right decision but heck, my drive and the way to the main road were still frozen when I'd have had to leave.

Top Bottom