If Carlsberg did SMIDSYs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rapha are bringing out a new line you might be interested in

_zpswyibfgyj.jpg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
All the best for a speedy recovery.

I hope the insurance company won't mess you about. The motorcyclist who was t-boned outside my house a few weeks ago is being blamed by the other driver's insurer even though their client had clearly failed to give way and is going to be prosecuted for driving without due care.:wacko: Bunch of sharks.:thumbsdown:

ChrisEyles

Guru
Bloody hell, that's awful, poor you!

Glad it sounds like you landed lucky at least, best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

I was t-boned at a junction yesterday at the junction here https://goo.gl/maps/8NAzkcYcFgu. It's the approach to the very agreeable village of Hursley, home to IBM Research and old Hampshire money.

I was doing something like 20mph when she just went across me. I've never felt forces on my body like that before and I think I did most of a somersault before landing on the tarmac. I was pretty distressed.

While I'm lying there crying and hurting waiting for the ambo a passing doctor stopped and made sure I wasn't going to kark it. While he's doing an assessment another guy turns up who happens to be a surgeon. I'm pretty much using up the NHS at this point. Plod turned up and closed the road and cautioned and breathalized the driver. She was a lady in her early 70s at a guess and she admitted to just not seeing me, so there shouldn't be issues with insurance. She was pretty shocked herself.

Anyways, by some miracle I didn't break anything, but have damaged the shoulder joint and sprained an ankle. I'm beginning to suspect...... I'm ......Wolverine. Arm in a sling for a couple of weeks and no riding for a month.

No idea how the bike is as it is being looked after by a local who was first on the scene, but the front wheel is totalled. It was, as @Crackle so nicely put it, "the ugly carbon one". Pictures when I retrieve it.
Yikes Bollo, heal well and heal fast !

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I know how much that hurts! Look after that shoulder. They are a tricky joint. Insist on as much treatment as you feel necessary. Hope you aren't too sore.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Plod turned up and closed the road and cautioned and breathalized the driver. She was a lady in her early 70s at a guess and she admitted to just not seeing me, so there shouldn't be issues with insurance. She was pretty shocked herself.
I think the police have two weeks to issue a Notice of Intended Prosecution for careless driving, so keep asking them soon.

I think they can direct her to take an eyetest these days, as in https://www.gov.uk/government/news/safer-drivers-safer-roads - if that wasn't done to someone who admitted to not seeing another road user, I'd be asking why.

I'm beginning to suspect...... I'm ......Wolverine.
That's not who's in your avatar :laugh:

Get well soon.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Nice lady who took in the bike dropped it back at my house today. It's safe to say that the damage will not polish out...

Nasty, I hate to see any bike end up like that. :sad: Best of luck getting the replacement organised, and I hope you don't have any hassles with that.

Top Bottom