If Carlsberg did SMIDSYs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I know you both mean well and @mjr it's clear you're someone with a strong PoV but can we not do this here please?
It's a strong PoV based on bitter experience and watching the statistics rolling in, but OK, it's your call and I won't push the case further. Please note it on www.collideoscope.org.uk and then move on to getting well. Looking on the bright side, you have a bit of time to consider and anticipate new bikes before you test ride some.

AndyRM

XOXO
Ouch. Been t-boned myself and it's no fun at all, though I got properly sparked out so fortunately don't remember it.

Take your time with the shoulder! I attempted to ride (and play football) again waaay too soon and did further damage. My GP actually called me an idiot, which I totally deserved.

What's all this concern for the bike? Personally, I would wish that my bike got totalled so that I could get a new one.
It's an old joke

bike.jpg

Cronorider

Well, radical as it may be, some of us actually chose bikes that we enjoy riding! ;)

It's an old joke

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Are you already eyeing up specs or is it too soon and are we still observing a period of mourning?
Prolly get a new frame and wheels and swap over the components. Most look ok, only the rear deraillieur may have damage. I need to take it to a qualified mechanic to get a death certificate for the insurance, so I'll take their advice.
I'm not counting on seeing compo anytime soon, it'll only be current value, not the RRP and money is tighter than usual with trying to set up a business, so <ponce>I'm resigned to riding my shooty old Ti bike.</ponce> Mechanical shifters FFS!!!

fw_fainting-victorian-lady1.jpg

Ganymede

Veteran
Prolly get a new frame and wheels and swap over the components. Most look ok, only the rear deraillieur may have damage. I need to take it to a qualified mechanic to get a death certificate for the insurance, so I'll take their advice.
I'm not counting on seeing compo anytime soon, it'll only be current value, not the RRP and money is tighter than usual with trying to set up a business, so <ponce>I'm resigned to riding my shooty old Ti bike.</ponce> Mechanical shifters FFS!!!

View attachment 367610
I particularly love your choice of picture here.

Wobblers

Euthermic

View attachment 367610

You could shift your poncy electronic groupset over to your poncy Ti bike?

Take it easy, and heal well!

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Well, that moved quickly. I took a phonecall from plod about an hour ago with the incident details. As is the way with these things I was asked which option I'd like to see; prosecution, driver awareness or nowt. I was surprised that the officer really didn't have a problem with the prosecution route given the circumstances as he saw them, but I've voted for driver awareness unless something more sinister turns up like poor eyesight or a dismembered body in her boot. Not my decision finally but I suspect that's where it's heading.

I'll shut up now until the inevitable insurance saga kicks off. Thanks to all again for your kind wishes. You stay classy Cyclechat!

Top Bottom