If Carlsberg did SMIDSYs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I was t-boned at a junction yesterday at the junction here https://goo.gl/maps/8NAzkcYcFgu. It's the approach to the very agreeable village of Hursley, home to IBM Research and old Hampshire money.

I was doing something like 20mph when she just went across me. I've never felt forces on my body like that before and I think I did most of a somersault before landing on the tarmac. I was pretty distressed.

While I'm lying there crying and hurting waiting for the ambo a passing doctor stopped and made sure I wasn't going to kark it. While he's doing an assessment another guy turns up who happens to be a surgeon. I'm pretty much using up the NHS at this point. Plod turned up and closed the road and cautioned and breathalized the driver. She was a lady in her early 70s at a guess and she admitted to just not seeing me, so there shouldn't be issues with insurance. She was pretty shocked herself.

Anyways, by some miracle I didn't break anything, but have damaged the shoulder joint and sprained an ankle. I'm beginning to suspect...... I'm ......Wolverine. Arm in a sling for a couple of weeks and no riding for a month.

No idea how the bike is as it is being looked after by a local who was first on the scene, but the front wheel is totalled. It was, as @Crackle so nicely put it, "the ugly carbon one". Pictures when I retrieve it.

Jesus! Glad you are ok, mostly.

GWS

Nibor

Bewildered
Gws all you were missing was a panel of judges to score your somersault

That's shoot. Good luck with the healing, I suspect day 2 will see more bits aching and even though it was the ugly undetectable by radar carbon one, I hope the rest of the bike is ok. If it isn't please consult us before you buy another!

Katherine

Guru
Ouchy but very lucky you weren't more seriously injured. My parents live in OB and from what I remember that is quite a fast main road.
Best wishes for your recovery.

Top Bottom