If you could move anywhere in UK where would you move too?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought marriage would mean she absolutely would?

I've probably watched far too many American movies for my own good.

A lot of people think that, but like a lot of immigration myths it's far from the case. The process would have been a bit shorter but the financial requirements were extremely high, and now they're apparently even higher and deliberately designed to make it very difficult. Even if my wife was given a visa it could be revoked at any time.

Ironically, until 2017 she had more security being married to a Brit in Germany than she would have had married to a Brit in the UK.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I was lucky enough to be born and raised in North Devon and I spent over a decade living and working in the Lake District as well as lots of time in the Scottish Highlands.

If I could get the same quality of life that I have here in Germany, I could easily imagine moving to any of those places again, alas that's not going to happen any time soon so I'll just have to content myself with visits back there.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Ben Rhydding has become an expensive dump over the last twenty or so years. Soon to be joined to Ilkley with the rate new houses are going up.

Its always been expensive, but why exactly is it a dump?
Its also very nice around Barnard Castle and Middleton in Teesdale way that doesnt really get mentioned that much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Love the Lake District, we're back there again later this year for a holiday but I'm not sure I could live there. Unless it was in a town like Keswick, it's a bit too remote for us.

Sorry but that sounds
Love the Lake District, we're back there again later this year for a holiday but I'm not sure I could live there. Unless it was in a town like Keswick, it's a bit too remote for us.

Sorry I find this a highly amusing thought, that somebody would move to such a beautiful part of the country & then want to live in a town, that would be my worst nightmare

Kingfisher101

Über Member
A few years ago we considered moving to Rostrevor in Northern Ireland. Beautiful coastline, mountains, lakes, friendly.

NI has a lot to offer, just look at @tyred's photos.

Its supposed to be beautiful, but theres still that Protestant/ Catholic thing going on in certain areas even today. I know a 3 people who wont go back there to live permanently still because of it.Its very sad.

Top Bottom