If you had the freedom to tour for a month anywhere in the world - where would you go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The USA Coast to Coast following the fabled Route 66 where possible.

I like the idea of Iceland - that had been where our summer tour was going to be this year, but that is now off due to me needing 2 ops... both happening this spring/summer.
Canada/Alaska I like the idea of as well, but I have to say I don't think I would want to travel to South America for only 1 month, it would need to be much longer.
I would love to go back to Turkey, and also to visit Iran - again I think both places need much longer, so for only 1 month I would probably stay in the UK and enjoy our own country once again...
I would love to get back to Belarus and spend more time there as well.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
did you have the winter when we were snowed in rather badly? I remember that one very well... 1982 I think it was?
As a child, it was always for the school summer holidays. I have only been back twice as an adult, both times in the autumn, and I am going back again this autumn. I have never experienced a Scottish winter or spring.

I really must try and get back up there at least once a year!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
grrr... deleted my post when editing....

Avoiding any big towns and cities, I'd like to do
Lancashire > Peak District > Anglesey > Forest of Dean > New forest > Thetford > Whitby > Keilder Forest > Lancashire... clearly i like forests :smile:

DT.jpg
:smile:

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A month? I'd wander on quiet roads down to the Limosin, where I've spent a very nostalgia-inducing bit of time in the past. Cut east through the Auvergne (pretty much unknown but bits of it are reminiscent of British uplands) and carry on east to Switzerland. I'd get to Bern, see my cousins, catch up in general, and then follow the Rhine back through Germany and on to my front door. Family, sights, memories. Drink.

pkeenan

Über Member
I think South America would be good, but as has been said - if would need be longer than a month! NZ would certainly appeal, especially as I've never been but have family there. I also can't say I'd rule out that central belt of Europe; Italy in particular... It's got the hills, the sea, the weather, etc!

alans

black belt lounge lizard
I'd go back to Scotland to revisit some of the places I've been to before such as The Strathnaver Valley,The Crask Inn,Islay,Mull,Oban & north to Fort William.
Then to parts I've not yet seen on the north west coast & the Isle of Skye,The Hebrides,The Orkneys.

I'd want more than a month though for all that.A summer season could suffice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom