If you had the freedom to tour for a month anywhere in the world - where would you go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I think I would follow the Appalachian Trail in the Eastern United States, or go again through the mountains in Pennsylvania, up through New York to Lake Champlain (on the Vermont side this time) and maybe into the rest of New England as well. Or Cuba.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
New Zealand.

I wouldn't ride your route because you missed the whole of East Yorkshire out. Nice cycling country.

Steve

JPLL

Regular
I prefer linear tours - things I'd do are:
- Faro - Paris - London
- Canterbury - Rome
- Prague - Esjberg

My comment about the weather particularly applies to the Highlands!

I remember spending one glorious summer up there as a child when we had blue skies every day. :sun:

One miserable year, it poured every day for 6 weeks! :rain:
And I remember a whole week's holiday in a car when we saw pretty much nothing the entire week because of fog. Kept looking at the weather forecast and zig-zagging trying to drive out of it but never managed it. But have been other times and it is beautiful. Never been on a bike - to be corrected I hope. Only way to do it.Enjoy the holiday Scotia.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
At the risk of being un-exotic, I'd have a month in France; somewhere half way down or a bit further eg Ardeche, Perigord, or other historic pretty region, stopping for coffee and cake at every village. And if I had a full month, I might just set off on the bike from my house (Bristol), rather than be transported to my "start"

U

User169

Colombia. Always fancied going there.

Canada seems to be very popular and somewhere I'd like to cycle.

I've been there twice before (summer and winter) but without a bike. I'd like to cycle around Alberta, British Columbia and finish on Vancouver Island.

Otherwise I'd choose the west coast of France.

Top Bottom