if you're scared you shouldn't be on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vegan1

I took the beard ''Come on mate'' to mean either go or move out of the way, it's unfortunate (based on my own anecdotal experience) that many people on two wheels, more so motorised rather than non motorised when filtering either misjudge the width of their bike or bottle it - if so then move out the way. I doubt the camera guy would have been killed or even injured with the kerb design as it was with no barriers and no junction for the truck to turn left so what he said was an appeal fallacy for something that was not there.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It was really bugging me trying to i.d the bike that is being ridden by Beardy. I know it is a GT Grade but the colours didn't seem right for any of the normal models. Turns out it was the entry level spec from when the bikes were 1st Introduced, alloy frame with Claris groupset
1407319797736-fu5xddctgd0z-630-354.jpg

RRP £649.99 at the time. Seems he is a cheapskate on his bikes as well as his razors!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I think Cam man was justifiably angry to have beardy bloke ride along side him and tell him that he has no right riding on the road...because apparently he is scared.

I can imagine I would be pretty angry if another rider made a derogatory comment to me whilst I was riding.

I don't think I would have reacted the same way as cam man but each to their own.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I just can't understand why anybody would want to model himself on Mr Twit.
http://www.roalddahl.com/create-and-learn/make/get-crafty/mr-twits-beard

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I think Cam man was justifiably angry to have beardy bloke ride along side him and tell him that he has no right riding on the road...because apparently he is scared.

I can imagine I would be pretty angry if another rider made a derogatory comment to me whilst I was riding.

I don't think I would have reacted the same way as cam man but each to their own.
Cam man received a few passing comments and should probably have made a few brief comments in return, and that would have been the end of it (something that rhymed with beardy banker would have sufficed)! Instead Cam man continues to needle beardy until beardy has no choice other than to engage in a full blown discussion on the merits or otherwise of various approaches to urban commuting technique (complete with non-handed gesticulation to reinforce his point).
As has already been pointed out, they are both prize turnips! Beardy should have hit the hammer and dropped the whining b'stard. Cam man should have spent less time acting up to the camera and focused on the job in hand!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Tedious nobbery all round really. Not sure where I stand on the beard issue though. I mean I had one before they were cool.

I think you are right. Both the camera guy and the beardie guy are both plonkers. But beards have never been cool.

I really couldn't care what people say to me on the road. It goes right over my head.

OP
OP
T

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I couldn't resist the urge to click on the vid (I know :rolleyes:) and really wished I hadn't. What a pair of prize knobs!

Mr HelmetCamVigilanteWon'tLetItDrop that filmed the incident (Was that you Jdog, I really hope not)

Not me. If I'd posted that I'd have cut it short for obvious reasons .

Last edited:
Top Bottom